ABOUT THE MATCH
The 53rd fixture of Big Bash League(BBL) 2019-20 is scheduled between Melbourne Stars and Brisbane Heat on January 25th, 2020. The match is going to be held at Melbourne Cricket Ground, Melbourne, Australia, and the live telecast will begin from 08:10 AM (GMT) / 07:10 PM IST.
This will be the second match for both teams. Earlier, these teams had met at Carrara Oval, Queensland in which Melbourne Stars had won by 22 runs.
Melbourne Stars are sitting on the top of the points table with 10 wins out of 13 matches. On the other hand, Brisbane Heat is placed 6th with 5 wins out of 12 matches.
The toss winning teams had chosen to chase in the past three matches out of four, so we can expect the same trend to be followed by Melbourne Stars and Brisbane Heat.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
This pitch offers a fine balance between bat and ball. While the pace bowlers get some assistance early on with genuine bounce, spinners will not get much of a purchase.
- Melbourne Stars will play after losing back-to-back matches against Sydney Sixers and Adelaide Strikers.
- They lost their previous match by 11 runs against Adelaide Strikers as their top-orders performance was disappointing.
- The middle-order batsman Peter Handscomb scored 65 runs off 39 balls with 6 boundaries and 2 sixes.
- Coming to the bowling unit, Clint Hinchliffe bagged 3 wickets and Glenn Maxwell took 1 wicket.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF MELBOURNE STARS
Marcus Stoinis, Hilton Cartwright/Nic Maddinson, Peter Handscomb, Glenn Maxwell (c), Nick Larkin, Seb Gotch (wk), Clint Hinchliffe, Adam Zampa, Lance Morris, Daniel Worrall, Sandeep Lamichhane
- Brisbane Heat lost 3 of their past matches. They lost against Sydney Sixers by 8 wickets in their last encounter.
- In that match, openers Sam Heazlett and Chris Lynn had scored 15 and 7 runs, respectively.
- AB de Villiers and James Pattinson scored 20+ runs.
- Coming to the bowling unit, Ben Laughlin and James Pattinson had taken 1 wicket each but no other bowler managed to take a wicket.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF BRISBANE HEAT
Chris Lynn (c), Sam Heazlett, Matt Renshaw, AB de Villiers, Marnus Labuschagne, Jimmy Peirson (wk), Ben Cutting, James Pattinson, Mitchell Swepson, Ben Laughlin, Mujeeb Ur Rahman
HEAD TO HEAD
- Overall Matches – 11
- Melbourne Stars Won – 4
- Brisbane Heat Won – 7
- Draw– 0
- No-Result– 0
TEAM FORM IN LAST 5 MATCHES
Melbourne Stars: L L L W W
Brisbane Heat: L L L W L
PROBABLE TOP PERFORMERS| MS VS BH
Melbourne Stars: Marcus Stoinis, Glenn Maxwell, Adam Zampa, Clint Hinchliffe
Brisbane Heat: AB de Villiers, Matt Renshaw, James Pattinson
TV – Sony Six.
Online– Foxtel sports.
MATCH TIMINGS: 08:10 AMGMT / 07:10 PM LOCAL.
Click Here For Dream11 Match Prediction.