ABOUT THE MATCH
Adelaide Strikers and Melbourne Stars play each other for the second time in the BBL. Strikers won their previous match and hold the 3rd position on the points table.
Melbourne Stars registered a 21-run loss against Sydney Sixers in the previous match. Despite the loss, they are still placed first on the points table.
The toss winning team will choose to bowl first and look to restrict the team batting first.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
The Adelaide Oval looks like a bowling pitch and batsmen have to struggle a bit to get score freely.
There is a slight possibility of rain on the day and so overs may be reduced.
- They won their previous match against Hobart Hurricanes by 10 runs.
- Adelaide’s captain Travis Head scored a brilliant 79 in the last match.
- Matthew Short, who played well in the middle-order, took the team to a respectable score.
- Wes Agar picked up 4 wickets with a low economy rate.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF ADELAIDE STRIKERS
Matthew Short, Travis Head, Alex Carey (c, wk), Michael Neser, Rashid Khan, Liam O’Connor, Wes Agar, Peter Siddle, Jake Weatherald, Philip Salt, Jonathan Wells.
- They lost the previous match owing to the DLS-method by 21 runs.
- Marcus Stoinis played another consistent inning in a pressure match.
- Sandeep Lamichhane picked up 2 wickets in the last match.
- In this season, Maxwell scored 353 runs in 11 innings.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF MELBOURNE STARS
Peter Handscomb (wk), Marcus Stoinis, Hilton Cartwright, Glenn Maxwell (c), Nic Maddinson, Nick Larkin, Daniel Worrall, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Clinton Hinchcliffe, Sandeep Lamichhane, Adam Zampa.
HEAD TO HEAD:
- ADELAIDE STRIKERS – 5
- MELBOURNE STARS – 5
- Draw – 0
- No- Result – 0
TEAM FORM IN LAST 5 MATCHES
- ADELAIDE STRIKERS – L L W L W
- MELBOURNE STARS – W W W W W
PROBABLE TOP PERFORMERS
- ADELAIDE STRIKERS – Jake Weatherald
- MELBOURNE STARS – Glenn Maxwell
- TV – Sony Six
- Online– Foxtel sports
- Match Timings – 06:40 AM IST/GMT
PROBABLE WINNING TEAM
Currently, Melbourne Stars is the table topper, so they have more chances of winning.
Click Here For Dream11 Predictions.