ABOUT THE MATCH
Sri Lanka’s tour of Pakistan finally got underway as Pakistan made the series to 2-0 in front of a full house. Pakistan dominated the match and ended up winners but the Sri Lankan youngsters showed plenty of fight as well
Remember, this T20 is a match between a full-strength Pakistan side and a Sri Lankan team that is missing 5-6 of its first-choice players that refused to travel because of security concerns.
Pakistan vs Sri Lanka 3rd ODI is going to be played at the Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore on the 5th of October 2019.
Three of the last four T20 internationals played at the Gaddafi Stadium have been won by the side batting first. Since the pitch at this ground tends to offer more help to the bowlers during the second period of play, the team that wins the toss here is more likely to bat first.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
The weather has improved in Lahore and another clear day is forecast for match day. The pitch was better than what he had expected and did not slow up as much as expected. The teams can expect some good batting conditions in the T20 as well.
The average first-innings score at the Gaddafi Stadium in T20 internationals is 180 which goes to show how good the pitch has been for batting. So one can expect a high-scoring encounter here between Pakistan and Sri Lanka on Saturday.
- Babar Azam stroked and was instrumental in getting Pakistan to a winning total. The ease with which he bats, the clarity of thought, and the consistency he shows is just remarkable.
- Fakhar Zaman, Imam ul Haq, and Haris Sohail also got runs while the lower order contributed with some big hits as well. The role of Sarfaraz Khan in this batting lineup is not clear and the pressure would be mounting on him to start contributing.
- Pakistan has a stronger side than Sri Lanka and is the clear favorite to win once again.
|Top 3 batsman Pakistan||Top 3 Middle Order Pakistan||Top 3 Bowler Pakistan|
|Fakhar Zaman||Imad Wasim||Mohammad Amir|
|Babar Azam||Haris Sohail||Wahab Riaz|
|Ahmed Shehzad||Asif Ali||Mohammad Hasnain|
- Shehan Jayasurya and Dasun Shanaka saved the Sri Lankan team some blushed after stitching together The pair raised hopes for a brief amount of time that Sri Lanka could come close to chasing down the Pakistani total but that did not happen.
- The top order of the Sri Lankan batting completely collapsed and was unable to put up a fight at all.
- Sri Lanka cannot hope for individual brilliance to bail it out every single time and must try to put together partnerships from the start. We expect to see a better batting performance from them in the T20.
- It’s bowling too has been struggling for quite some time now and failed to make an impact once again.
- Not a single bowler looked threatening or used the conditions to his advantage.
|Top 3 batsman Sri Lanka||Top 3 Middle Order Sri Lanka||Top 3 Bowler Sri Lanka|
|Danushka Gunathilaka||Oshada Fernando||Nuwan Pradeep|
|Avishka Fernando||Dasun Shanaka||Lahiru Kumara|
|Shehan Jayasuriya||Sandeera Samarawickrama||Kasun Rajitha|
PROBABLE WINNING TEAM:
We think that the Pakistan side is way too strong for this Sri Lankan team. The advantage in batting strength and bowling quality should help Pakistan win the T20 series
Click Here for Fantasy Picks.