PITCH AND CONDITIONS
The weather has improved in Lahore and another clear day is forecast for match day. The pitch was better than what he had expected and did not slow up as much as expected. The teams can expect some good batting conditions in the T20 as well.
The average first-innings score at the Gaddafi Stadium in T20 internationals is 180 which goes to show how good the pitch has been for batting. So one can expect a high-scoring encounter here between Pakistan and Sri Lanka on Saturday.
- Babar Azam stroked and was instrumental in getting Pakistan to a winning total. The ease with which he bats, the clarity of thought, and the consistency he shows is just remarkable.
- Fakhar Zaman, Imam ul Haq, and Haris Sohail also got runs while the lower order contributed with some big hits as well. The role of Sarfaraz Khan in this batting lineup is not clear and the pressure would be mounting on him to start contributing.
- Pakistan has a stronger side than Sri Lanka and is the clear favorite to win once again.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Pakistan
Fakhar Zaman, Babar Azam, Ahmed Shehzad, Haris Sohail, Asif Ali, Imad Wasim, Faheem Ashraf, Sarfaraz Ahmed (c/wk), Wahab Riaz, Mohammad Amir, Mohammad Hasnain
- Shehan Jayasurya and Dasun Shanaka saved the Sri Lankan team some blushed after stitching together The pair raised hopes for a brief amount of time that Sri Lanka could come close to chasing down the Pakistani total but that did not happen.
- The top order of the Sri Lankan batting completely collapsed and was unable to put up a fight at all.
- Sri Lanka cannot hope for individual brilliance to bail it out every single time and must try to put together partnerships from the start. We expect to see a better batting performance from them in the T20.
- It’s bowling too has been struggling for quite some time now and failed to make an impact once again.
- Not a single bowler looked threatening or used the conditions to his advantage.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Sri Lanka
Danushka Gunathilaka, Avishka Fernando, Shehan Jayasuriya, Oshada Fernando, Dasun Shanaka, Sadeera Samarawickrama (wk), Isuru Udana, Lakshan Sandakan, Nuwan Pradeep, Lahiru Kumara, Kasun Rajitha
OUR FANTASY LEAGUE PICKS FOR PAKISTAN VS SRI LANKA 1st T20 MATCH IN SRI LANKA TOUR OF PAKISTAN 2019 ARE MENTIONED BELOW:
|If Pakistan Bats First||If Sri Lanka Bats First|
|S Ahmed||S Samarawickrama|
|B Azam||D Gunathilaka|
|H Sohail||A Fernando|
|Ahmed Shezad||S Jayasuriya|
|I Wasim||I Udana|
|M Amir||L Kumar|
|W Riaz||M Amir|
|I Udana||W Riaz|
|L Kumar||I Wasim|
|S jayasuriya||B Azam|
|D Gunathilaka||H Sohail|
Click Here for Match Prediction.
*Disclaimer: This team is based on the understanding, analysis, and instinct of the author. While selecting your team, consider the points mentioned and make your own*