ABOUT THE MATCH
League leaders Cape Town Blitz take on unbeaten second-placed team Nelson Mandela Bay Giants in MSL 2.0. The match takes place at St George’s Park, Port Elizabeth, on November 20.
The Giants have only had two completed games so far but won convincingly against Jozi Stars on both occasions. Junior Dala took 3-19 as they bowled them out for 108 last time out before Ben Dunk’s unbeaten half-century in 30 balls led them to a nine-wicket win in just 9.1 overs.
Cape Town Blitz has also beaten the Stars twice, either side of a defeat to Paarl Rocks, and they won again last time out – Dale Steyn’s 2-23 proving vital as they posted 174/6 against Durban Heat and defended it to win by ten runs.
Cape Town Blitz is yet to win the toss so they are well overdue this one. All three of their wins have come from batting first, so that is what they may elect to do again.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
There will be some cloud cover and conditions that will be humid, but there is zero chance of rain on the forecast for Port Elizabeth on Wednesday evening and temperatures will be in the high-teens.
Port Elizabeth is generally a slower wicket, making for a generally balanced contest between batsmen and bowler that leans more towards the former if anything.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Nelson Mandela Bay Giants
Jason Roy, Ben Dunk (wk), JJ Smuts (c), Heino Kuhn, Grant Thomson, Marco Marais, Chris Morris, Onke Nyaku, Junior Dala, Imran Tahir, Nandre Burger
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Cape Town Blitz
Janneman Malan, Quinton de Kock (c, wk), Marques Ackerman, Liam Livingstone, Asif Ali, George Linde, Wahab Riaz, Sisanda Magala, Gregory Mahlokwana, Dale Steyn, Anrich Nortje
Nelson Mandela Bay Giants
- Matthew Breetzke and Farhaan Behardien both dropped out last time out, with Grant Thomson and Marco Marais replacing them.
- Ben Dunk moved up to open the batting. After a convincing win, that tactic could be deployed again this time out.
- Frustrated by the rain when they were well on top against Tshwane Spartans, Nelson Mandela Bay Giants got back on track against Jozi Stars last time out beating them for the second time in this year’s tournament.
- They won the first match, at Port Elizabeth, by 24 runs but this second game was a one-sided victory Junior Dala and Imran Tahir took three wickets each as they bowled the Stars out for 108 and Ben Dunk’s unbeaten half-century led them to a nine-wicket win in just 9.1 overs.
Cape Town Blitz
- Unchanged last time out, Cape Town Blitz made it back-to-back wins and that same winning 11 could be retained again for this match.
- Cape Town Blitz has won three of their four games so far, including their last two back-to-back. Liam Livingstone hit 65 from 41 balls and Sisanda Magala claimed 3-17 in a dominant 57-run win against Jozi Stars in the first of those.
- Last time out, the Blitz posted 174/6 as Marques Ackerman and Asif Ali both hit 43, and Dale Steyn took 2-23 to limit Durban Heat to 164/7 in reply.
PROBABLE WINNING TEAM:
Cape Town Blitz has won three from four so far this season and looks strong with bat and ball. They can upset the odds and win in Port Elizabeth.
Click Here for Fantasy Picks.