ABOUT THE MATCH
After a clinical win in the first T20I, India will lock horns with West Indies in the second match of the series. The match is set to take place at the Greenfield International Stadium, Thiruvananthapuram, on December 8.
It was a one-man show at Rajiv Gandhi International stadium with Virat Kohli’s smashing 94 from 50 balls, that lead the team to a six-wicket win in the first T20I.
On the other hand, West Indies faced a huge defeat in the recently concluded T20I series against Afghanistan. Now, they failed to win their first match against the incredible performance shown by India.
Being a bowler-friendly pitch at the Greenfield International Stadium, the team winning the toss is likely to bowl first.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
Generally, Thiruvananthapuram uses a drop-in pitch and goes favoring the bowlers more than the batsmen.
The weather is expected to be a bit cloudy with high humidity, but the chances of rain are very low and is likely to be warm throughout the match.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF INDIA
Rohit Sharma, Virat Kohli (c), Rishabh Pant (wk), KL Rahul, Shreyas Iyer, Shivam Dube, Ravindra Jadeja, Deepak Chahar, Washington Sundar, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Yuzvendra Chahal
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF WEST INDIES
Lendl Simmons, Evin Lewis, Kieron Pollard (c), Brandon King, Nicholas Pooran (wk), Shimron Hetmyer, Jason Holder, Keemo Paul, Khary Pierre, Sheldon Cottrell, Hayden Walsh Jr
- In the previous T20I series against Bangladesh, they lost the first game but made a comeback and won the remaining two fixtures with a 2-1 lead.
- It was KL Rahul and Shreyas Iyer’s half-centuries that made them seal the series against Tigers.
- In the first T20I against West Indies, KL Rahul’s 62 and Virat Kohli’s smashing 94 from 50 balls led India to chase 208 and won by six wickets with eight balls remaining.
- The opening batsmen Shikhar Dhawan is set to miss out on the entire series due to a knee injury sustained during a domestic T20 game.
- Shikhar Dhawan has been replaced by Sanju Samson in the squad.
- The same winning team is set to clash with West Indies in the second match of the series.
- Recently, West Indies have faced another 1-2 defeat against Afghanistan in a series of three T20Is hosted at Lucknow, India.
- Even in the first T20I, Shimron Hetmyer’s half-century couldn’t help West Indies to win against storming India.
- Nicholas Pooran, who missed the Afghanistan T20I series due to a suspension for ball-tampering, might be replaced with Denesh Ramdin after facing their first defeat.
- Keemo Paul might feature in place of Kesrick Williams in the batting line-up.
PROBABLE WINNING TEAM:
After facing a defeat in the recently concluded T20I series against Bangladesh, India made a comeback in the first T20I against Windies and are likely to seal the series with their smashing performance.
Click here for Fantasy picks.