PITCH AND CONDITIONS
Generally, Thiruvananthapuram uses a drop-in pitch and goes favouring the bowlers more than the batsmen.
The weather is expected to be a bit cloudy with high humidity, but the chances of rain are very low and is likely to be warm throughout the match.
- In the previous T20I series against Bangladesh, they lost the first game but made a comeback and won the remaining two fixtures with a 2-1 lead.
- It was KL Rahul and Shreyas Iyer’s half-centuries that made them seal the series against Tigers.
- In the first T20I against West Indies, KL Rahul’s 62 and Virat Kohli’s smashing 94 from 50 balls led India to chase 208 and won by six wickets with eight balls remaining.
- The opening batsmen Shikhar Dhawan is set to miss out on the entire series due to a knee injury sustained during a domestic T20 game.
- Shikhar Dhawan has been replaced by Sanju Samson in the squad.
- The same winning team is set to clash in the second match against West Indies.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF INDIA
Rohit Sharma, Virat Kohli (c), Rishabh Pant (wk), KL Rahul, Shreyas Iyer, Shivam Dube, Ravindra Jadeja, Deepak Chahar, Washington Sundar, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Yuzvendra Chahal
- Recently, West Indies have faced another 1-2 defeat against Afghanistan in a series of three T20Is hosted at Lucknow, India.
- Even in the first T20I, Shimron Hetmyer’s half-century couldn’t help West Indies to win against storming India.
- Nicholas Pooran, who missed the Afghanistan T20I series due to a suspension for ball-tampering, might be replaced with Denesh Ramdin after facing their first match defeat.
- Keemo Paul might feature in place of Kesrick Williams in the line-up.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF WEST INDIES
Lendl Simmons, Evin Lewis, Kieron Pollard (c), Brandon King, Nicholas Pooran (wk), Shimron Hetmyer, Jason Holder, Keemo Paul, Khary Pierre, Sheldon Cottrell, Hayden Walsh Jr
OUR FANTASY LEAGUE PICKS FOR INDIA VS WEST INDIES 2nd T20 WEST INDIES TOUR OF INDIA, 2019 ARE MENTIONED BELOW:
- Rohit Sharma
- Virat Kohli (C)
- Evin Lewis
- KL Rahul
- Brandon King
- Kieron Pollard (VC)
- Nicholas Pooran
- Sheldon Cottrel
- Deepak Chahar
- Yuzvendra Chahal
- Khary Pierre
Click Here for Match Prediction.
*Disclaimer: A team here is picked based on the perception, analysis, and gut feeling of the author. When you select your team, analyze the points mentioned to arrive at your own decision.*