Cricket is one of the most-watched and popular sports in the world. With the inclusion of the T20I format and multiple leagues, especially the Indian Premier League, the money flow in the game has increased to an extent. Cricket is majorly watched in the Asian sub-continent, with India being the biggest market for the sports followed by Pakistan, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka. The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) also happens to be the richest board in the world and also the most dominating one. Highest paid captains in international cricket.
Captains in international cricket surprisingly, Indian skipper Virat Kohli is not the highest-paid captain in the world. It’s neither anyone from other Asian teams. It happens to be English skipper Joe Root. Virat Kohli is the most rewarded batsman in the sports. He was named the No. 1 batsman of the past decade. Despite all the accords, Root beats Kohli to be the highest-paid captain in world cricket. England are known to acknowledge their best players notably.
Highest-paid captains in world cricket
- Joe Root (England): INR 8.97 crore
- Virat Kohli (India): INR 7 crores
- Tim Paine (Australia): INR 4.87 crores
- Aaron Finch (Australia): INR 4.87 crores
- Dean Elgar (South Africa): INR 3.2 crores
- Temba Bavuma (South Africa): INR 2.5 crores
- Kane Williamson (New Zealand): INR 1.77 crores
- Eoin Morgan (England): INR 1.75 crores
- Kieron Pollard (West Indies): INR 1.73 crores
- Kraigg Brathwaite (West Indies): INR 1.39 crores
- Babar Azam (Pakistan): INR 62.40 lacs
- Dimuth Karunaratne (Sri Lanka): INR 52 lacs