Happy Birthday Mohit Sharma
Mohit Mahipal Sharma, also known as Mohit Sharma, was born on September 18, 1988, in Ballabhgarh. Following an outstanding performance for Haryana in the 2012–13 Ranji Trophy season, when he finished as the tournament’s sixth-highest wicket-taker, Mohit initially came to public attention.
Mohit amassed 37 wickets from eight games, and as a result of his efforts and his ability to manage his pace, line, and length, he was selected for the national team for the next series.
He has represented India in 26 One-Day Internationals (ODIs) and eight Twenty20 Internationals (T20Is) and is well-known in the Indian domestic circuit and the Indian Premier League (IPL).
In the fourth ODI against Zimbabwe that year, Mohit Sharma made his international debut. A year later, in the 2014 ICC World T20 in Dhaka, he played his first T20 International match against Australia. His First-Class stats are impressive, with 95 wickets from 30 games.
Chennai Super Kings (CSK), an IPL team, selected Mohit for the 2013 campaign. He was a regular for the squad, taking 23 wickets in 15 matches.
However, Mohit’s brilliance was revealed during the 2013 IPL, when MS Dhoni frequently selected him in the Chennai Super Kings XI. Additionally, he offered Mohit a new ball, to which the latter graciously returned.
Key Achievements Of Mohit Sharma’s Career:
- He is the 18th highest Indian wicket-taker in the history of IPL (70 Wickets)
- Mohit Sharma is the second Indian cricketer to receive the “Man of the Match Award” on his ODI Debut (vs. Zimbabwe in July 2013)
- He is the last bowler who dismissed Sachin Tendulkar in First-Class cricket in 2013
- Mohit Sharma was the 3rd highest wicket-taker for India in ICC World Cup 2015
- After playing for Chennai Super Kings and King XI Punjab in IPL, he is now part of the Delhi Capitals franchise to play the 2020 IPL season.
Here’s wishing the bowler a very Happy Birthday Mohit Sharma and many more to come.