ABOUT THE MATCH
The 30th fixture of Super Smash 2019-20 is scheduled between Canterbury Kings and Otago Volts on January 14th, 2020. The match is going to be held at Hagley Oval, Christchurch, New Zealand, and the live telecast will begin from 4:10 PM (local time).
This is the second head-to-head match for both the teams. Previously, when they met at Molyneux Park, Alexandra, Otago Volts had registered a win by a large margin of 51 runs against Canterbury Kings.
Presently, Otago Volts are placed second on the points table with 5 wins out of 9 matches whereas Canterbury is in the last position with 3 wins out of 9 matches.
The toss winning team would likely opt to bat first on this pitch to score heavily.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
The pitch will totally favor batsmen and we can also expect some turn for the spinners.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF CANTERBURY KINGS
Andrew Ellis, Chad Bowes, Cam Fletcher (wk), Ed Nuttall, Todd Astle, Leo Carter, Cole McConchie (c), Stephen Murdoch, Will Williams, Henry Shipley, Jack Boyle
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF OTAGO VOLTS
Neil Broom, Hamish Rutherford, Anaru Kitchen, Michael Rippon, Jacob Duffy (c), Josh Finnie, Michael Rae, Nick Kelly, Dean Foxcroft, Matthew Bacon, Mitch Renwick (wk)
MATCH PREVIEW | Super Smash 2019-20
- In the last match, Canterbury Kings lost to Northern Knights by 5 wickets.
- In that match, Cam Fletcher scored 59 runs off 46 balls with 4 boundaries and 1 six.
- After Fletcher, Henry Shipley looked good with his 35 runs off 15 balls with 6 boundaries.
- The opener batsman Chad Bowes gave a good start with boundaries but it didn’t last as he got out for 15 off 9 balls with 2 boundaries and 1 six.
- In the bowling unit, Will Williams took 2 wickets but conceded many runs.
- Ed Nuttall and Cole McConchie had bagged a wicket each.
- Otago Volts registered a win of 9 wickets against Central Districts.
- In their last match, Hamish Rutherford who came to bat first had given a good start by scoring 81 runs off 51 balls with 8 boundaries and 3 sixes.
- Neil Broom who came along with Hamish scored 34 runs off 26 balls with 5 boundaries and 1 six but the form didn’t last till the end.
- Dean Foxcroft looked good with his 22 runs in 25 balls.
- In the bowling unit, Anaru Kitchen clinched 2 wickets with others bagging a single wicket each.
PROBABLE WINNING TEAM
Otago Volts has a solid batting unit compared to Canterbury Kings, so Otago will be expected to win their game against Canterbury.
Click Here For Dream11 Fantasy Picks.