ABOUT THE MATCH
The 27th fixture of Super Smash 2019-20 is scheduled between Central Stags and Otago Volts on January 11th, 2020. The match is going to be held at University Oval – Dunedin, New Zealand, and the live telecast will begin from 04:10 PM (local time).
Central Districts are here after a win against Canterbury by 17 runs. Central Districts are in the 2nd position on the points table with 4 wins out of 9 matches. After losing a match against Wellingtons, Otagos are placed 3rd on the points table with 4 wins out of 8 matches.
In the previous match, Wellingtons secured a 10-wicket win against Otago’s on the same ground. So, a toss winning team will choose to bowl first.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
This ground had hosted a full match in this season between Wellingtons and Otago, in which both the teams had scored 150+ runs, so this pitch will favor batsmen.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF CENTRAL STAGS
George Worker, Christian Leopard, Dane Cleaver (wk), Tom Bruce (c), Kieran Noema-Barnett, Josh Clarkson, Willem Ludick, Ben Wheeler, Ajaz Patel, Seth Rance, Blair Tickner
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF OTAGO VOLTS
Hamish Rutherford, Neil Broom, Nick Kelly, Dean Foxcroft, Anaru Kitchen, Josh Finnie, Michael Rippon, Jacob Duffy (c), Dale Phillips, Max Chu (wk), Michael Rae
- In the previous match on Tuesday with Canterbury Kings, they won the match by 17 runs by making only one change to the squad.
- Ryan Watson was dropped and his place was filled by Seth Rance who returned with impressive figures of 4-0-20-1.
- Dane Cleaver was the key player in the last match, scoring 81 runs out of 52 balls with 4 boundaries and 3 sixes.
- Opener George Worker disappointed everyone with his performance.
- Coming to the bowling, Blair Tickner justified his role by taking 4 wickets.
- Except for Willem Ludick, every bowler had taken 1 wicket each.
- All-rounder Dean Foxcroft was welcomed into the team after a heavy 10-wicket loss against Wellingtons.
- Dean Foxcroft played a massive 82 run knock off 57 balls but it didn’t help the team win the match.
- Besides him, Anaru Kitchen had looked good with his 42 runs off 28 balls
- No other batsmen impressed.
- The performance of the bowling unit is very poor as no bowler took a single wicket.
PROBABLE WINNING TEAM
This is the 2nd head-to-head match for both teams in this season, in which Central stags had won by 5 wickets. We are going with Central Stags.
Click Here For Dream11 Fantasy Picks.