ABOUT THE MATCH
After the first match ended without a result, the remaining two matches should be won definitely by any team to grab the series. This second match is a day and night match which will begin at 1:30 P.M. (Local time). It will be played at Atal Bihari Vajpayee Stadium Lucknow. It should be noted that the match will be played to empty stands without any audience.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF INDIA
Shikhar Dhawan, Virat Kohli (c), KL Rahul (wk), Manish Pandey, Shreyas Iyer, Hardik Pandya, Ravindra Jadeja, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Yuzvendra Chahal, Jasprit Bumrah, Navdeep Saini
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF SOUTH AFRICA
Quinton de Kock (capt, wk), Temba Bavuma, Faf du Plessis, Heinrich Klaasen, David Miller, Jon-Jon Smuts, Andile Phehlukwayo, Lungi Ngidi, Beuran Hendricks, Anrich Nortje, Keshav Maharaj
TEAM AND PLAYER PERFORMANCE ANALYSIS: IND VS SA
TOP ORDER ANALYSIS | IND VS SA
- Prithvi Shaw is at the top spot with an impressive strike rate of 105.6 whereas in average runs Shikar Dhawan is at the top with 65 runs.
MIDDLE ORDER ANALYSIS| IND VS SA
- Coming to middle-order, Shreyas Iyer has the highest average strike rate with 112.06 and in average runs category, K.L.Rahul is leading with 62.6 runs.
TOP AND MIDDLE ORDER ANALYSIS | IND VS SA
- In the top-order category, India and South Africa are almost equal with a little difference in the average runs scored. But in middle-order South Africa tops India with a clear difference in the average runs scored.
BOWLING ANALYSIS | IND VS SA
- South Africa is at a better place in both the number of wickets and the economy by its top 3 bowlers than India considering its top 3 bowlers.
TOP 3 BOWLERS ANALYSIS | IND VS SA
- Among the top three bowlers from both the countries, Lungi Ngidi is the highest wicket-taker with 12 wickets to his name. His compatriot Anrich Nortje comes second with 11 wickets.
The average first innings score in the ground is 230. So, the team that wins the toss will look to field first and restrict the other team to a low score and chase it.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
As rain played spoilsport on the first ODI, many would-be hoping for bright weather conditions on Sunday. The weather forecast says it will be sunny and there are no signs of rain on that day.
- Hardik Pandya, Bhuvaneshwar Kumar, and Shikhar Dhawan are coming back into the squad.
- All three players are expected to play a big role in the series. All eyes will be on Hardik Pandya, who is making a re-entry after an injury break.
- India will be pinning its hopes on Bhuvaneshwar Kumar and Chahal, who has a great track record against South Africa as he claimed 20 wickets in 7 matches.
- South Africa played T20s and Tests against India last year. The T20 series was tied with a 1-1 result. But it was thoroughly beaten 3-0 in the long format of the game.
- Captain Quinton de Kock who can be a game-changer on his day is leading the South African team.
- Experienced players like Temba Bavuma, David Miller and Faf du Plessis are in the squad which is greatly helpful for batting.
HEAD TO HEAD:
- Overall Matches – 85
- INDIA WON – 35
- SOUTH AFRICA WON – 46
- Draw – 0
- No- Result – 4
TEAM FORM IN LAST 5 MATCHES
- INDIA – L L L L NR
- SOUTH AFRICA – L W W W NR
PROBABLE TOP PERFORMERS
- INDIA –Virat Kohli
- SOUTH AFRICA – Quinton de Kock
- Tv – Star Sports network
- Live Streaming – Hotstar
- Match Timings – 1:30 PM local & IST (8:00 AM GMT).
PROBABLE WINNING TEAM
South Africa has an upper hand in both batting and bowling departments. It will also be bubbling with confidence as it had recently whitewashed Australia 3-0 in ODIs. But India has the benefit of playing on the home soil. So it could be anybody’s match.