ABOUT THE MATCH
The 30th fixture of Super Smash 2019-20 is scheduled between Canterbury Kings and Otago Volts on January 14th, 2020. The match is going to be held at Hagley Oval, Christchurch, New Zealand, and the live telecast will begin from 4:10 PM (local time).
This is the second head-to-head match for both the teams. Previously, when they met at Molyneux Park, Alexandra, Otago Volts had registered a win by a large margin of 51 runs against Canterbury Kings.
Presently, Otago Volts are placed second on the points table with 5 wins out of 9 matches whereas Canterbury is at the last position with 3 wins out of 9 matches.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
The pitch will favor batting and we can also expect some turn for the spinners.
MATCH PREVIEW | Super Smash 2019-20
- In their last match, Canterbury Kings lost to Northern Knights by 5 wickets.
- In that match, Cam Fletcher scored 59 runs off 46 balls with 4 boundaries and 1 six.
- After Fletcher, Henry Shipley had looked good with his 35 runs in 15 balls with 6 boundaries.
- The opener batsman Chad Bowes gave a good start with boundaries but it didn’t last when he got out for 15 runs off 9 balls with 2 boundaries and 1 six.
- In the bowling unit, Will Williams had clinched 2 wickets but conceded many runs.
- Ed Nuttall and Cole McConchie bagged 1 wicket each.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF CANTERBURY KINGS
Andrew Ellis, Chad Bowes, Cam Fletcher (wk), Ed Nuttall, Todd Astle, Leo Carter, Cole McConchie (c), Stephen Murdoch, Will Williams, Henry Shipley, Jack Boyle
- Otago Volts won by 9 wickets against Central Districts.
- In their last match, Hamish Rutherford who came to bat first had given a massive start to his team by scoring 81 runs off 51 balls with 8 boundaries and 3 sixes.
- Neil Broom who came along with Hamish had scored 34 runs in 26 balls with 5 boundaries and 1 six but the form didn’t last till the end.
- Dean Foxcroft looked good with his 22 runs in 25 balls.
- In the bowling unit, every one bagged a single wicket whereas Anaru Kitchen clinched 2 wickets.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF OTAGO VOLTS
Neil Broom, Hamish Rutherford, Anaru Kitchen, Michael Rippon, Jacob Duffy (c), Josh Finnie, Michael Rae, Nick Kelly, Dean Foxcroft, Matthew Bacon, Mitch Renwick (wk)
DREAM 11 PREDICTIONS FOR TODAYS MATCH ARE GIVEN BELOW:
Click Here For Match Prediction.
*Disclaimer: A team here is picked based on the perception, analysis, and gut feeling of the author. When you select your team, analyze the points mentioned to arrive at your own decision.*