ABOUT THE MATCH
The second Test match of Sri Lanka tour of Zimbabwe, 2020, is going to be played from January 27 to January 31. The match is scheduled to be played at Harare Sports Club – Harare, Zimbabwe, and the live telecast will begin from 08:00 AM (GMT) / 10:00 AM IST.
On Day 5 2nd Session, Zimbabwe trailed by 28 runs in the first innings of Sri Lanka. They scored 358 runs off 148 overs with a fall of 10 wickets.
Sri Lanka had scored 515 runs in the first innings with a fall of 9 wickets in 176.2 overs. Zimbabwe had ended their second innings at 134 for 5 wickets off 55 overs.
A slow, turning wicket could mean bowling in the fourth innings is the key.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
Harare tends to be a slow wicket, with plenty of turns – though not by the standards in Sri Lanka and the rest of the subcontinent.
- In the first Test match Sri Lanka tour of Zimbabwe, hosts lost the match against Sri Lanka by 10 wickets.
- Zimbabwe had scored 358 runs with a fall of 10 wickets in which openers Kevin Kasuza and Kevin Kasuza scored 55 and 63 runs, respectively.
- Craig Ervine, who came in to bat on number three, scored 85 runs.
- The middle-order batsman Sikandar Raza and Regis Chakabva chipped in with 40+ runs.
- In the bowling unit, Victor Nyauchi and Sikandar Raza had bagged 3 wickets each. Sean Williams had picked up 2 wickets and Donald Tiripano took 1 wicket.
- In the 2nd Innings, the score of Zimbabwe was 170 all-out.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF ZIMBABWE
Kevin Kasuza, Brian Mudzinganyama, Craig Ervine, Brendan Taylor, Sean Williams (c), Sikandar Raza, Regis Chakabva (wk), Kyle Jarvis, Donald Tiripano, Victor Nyauchi, Ainsley Ndlovu.
- In the first Innings of Sri Lanka, they scored 515 runs with the loss of 9 wickets. The star of the game was Angelo Mathews who scored a massive double ton.
- Dhananjaya de Silva and Niroshan Dickwella had justified their roles by scoring 63 runs each.
- Kusal Mendis, who batted at number three, scored 80.
- Lasith Embuldeniya was the star performer in the bowling unit, clinching 5 wickets.
- Suranga Lakmal and Lahiru Kumara bagged 3 and 2 wickets, respectively.
- The second innings score of Sri Lanka was 14 runs in 3 overs with no loss.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF SRI LANKA
Dimuth Karunaratne (c), Oshada Fernando, Kusal Mendis, Angelo Mathews, Dinesh Chandimal, Dhananjaya de Silva, Niroshan Dickwella (wk), Dilruwan Perera, Suranga Lakmal, Lasith Embuldeniya, Lahiru Kumara.
HEAD TO HEAD:
- Over All Test matches – 19
- Zimbabwe won – 0
- Sri Lanka – 14
- Draw – 5
- No-Result – 0
TEAM FORM IN LAST 5 MATCHES
Zimbabwe – W L W W L
Sri Lanka – W L L NR L
PROBABLE TOP PERFORMERS|ZIM vs SL
Zimbabwe – Craig Ervine, Kevin Kasuza, Prince Masvaure
Sri Lanka – Angelo Mathews, Kusal Mendis, Lasith Embuldeniya
TV – Sony Six, Sky Sports Cricket, SportsMax, Willow TV
Online – Hotstar, SonyLiv
MATCH TIMINGS: 08:00 AMGMT / 10:00 AM LOCAL
Click Here For Dream11 Match Prediction.