ABOUT THE MATCH
The 21st match of the Ford Trophy is scheduled between Wellington Firebirds and Canterbury Kings. The match will be held on 29th January 2020. The match is going to take place at Basin Reserve, Wellington, New Zealand, and the live telecast will begin from 11:00 AM local time (10:00 PM GMT – Prev Day) (3:30 AM IST).
This is the first head-to-head match for both the teams this season. Canterbury is sitting in second place with 4 wins out of 6 matches whereas Wellingtons are placed 5th with 2 wins out of 6 matches on the points table.
As per the trends, the toss winning team will choose to bat first on this ground.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
This pitch is expected to be a good battle between the bat and the ball. But the pacers will be having an edge over the batsman in the game.
- Wellington lost their three matches consecutively. In the last match, Wellington lost against Otago by 2 runs.
- In that match, openers Andrew Fletcher and Rachin Ravindra hadn’t performed well.
- Devon Conway, who came to bat at number three, scored 70 off 75 balls with 8 boundaries and a six.
- The middle-order batsman Malcolm Nofal scored a decent 87 off 102 deliveries with 5 boundaries and 2 sixes.
- Jeetan Patel and Michael Bracewell looked good with their 27 and 20, respectively.
- Coming to the bowling unit, Ollie Newton and Malcolm Nofal had picked up two wickets each.
- On the other hand, Hamish Bennett and Rachin Ravindra took 1 wicket each.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Wellington
Andrew Fletcher, Devon Conway, Michael Bracewell (C), Jakob Bhula, Fraser Colson, Jimmy Neesham, Jamie Gibson, Tom Blundell (WK), Logan Van Beek, Peter Younghusband, Iain McPeake.
- After winning a match against Auckland, Canterbury is entering this match with a lot of confidence.
- In the last match, opening batsman Chad Bowes gave a good start to the innings by scoring 31 off 34 balls.
- Henry Nicholls, who came along with the opening batsman, struck a massive 120 off 124 balls with 15 boundaries.
- Stephen Murdoch, who came to bat at number four, scored 83 runs off 65 balls with 8 boundaries and 2 sixes.
- Andrew Ellis and Cam Fletcher looked good with their 20+ runs. Andrew Ellis bagged 3 wickets in the bowling unit.
- Will Williams and Andrew Hazeldine picked up 2 wickets each. Ed Nuttall and Theo van Woerkom took 1 wicket each.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Canterbury
Chad Bowes, Henry Nicholls, Jack Boyle, Steve Murdoch, Andrew Ellis (C), Cameron Fletcher (WK), Henry Shipley, Andrew Hazeldine, Frase Sheat, Will Williams, Todd Astle
HEAD TO HEAD
- Over All matches – 28
- Canterbury Kings – 13
- Wellington Firebirds – 11
- Draw – 0
- No- Result – 2
TEAM FORM IN LAST 5 MATCHES
- Wellington Fire Birds – L L L W W
- Canterbury Kings – W L W W W
PROBABLE TOP PERFORMERS
- Wellington Firebirds – Devon Conway, Ian McPeak
- Canterbury Kings – Jack Boyle, Chad Bowes
- TV – TVNZ, Spark’s streaming platform
- ONLINE – Spark Sport
- Match Timings – 11:00 AM local time (10:00 PM GMT – Prev Day) (3:30 AM IST).
PROBABLE WINNING TEAM
Wellington is expected to win their 3rd successive match.
Click Here For Dream11 Match Prediction.