The 2nd ODI game of South Africa vs India is scheduled to play on 21st January 2022 at 14:00 IST / 8:30 GMT. And the game will be played at Boland Park – Cape Town, South Africa. Let’s get into more details of the game.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI:
India Predicted XI:
KL Rahul (c), Shikhar Dhawan, Virat Kohli, Shreyas Iyer, Rishabh Pant (wk), Venkatesh Iyer/Suryakumar Yadav/Ruturaj Gaikwad, Shardul Thakur, Ravichandran Ashwin, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Jasprit Bumrah, Yuzvendra Chahal
South Africa Predicted XI:
Quinton de Kock (wk), Janneman Malan, Aiden Markram, Temba Bavuma (c), Rassie van der Dussen, David Miller, Andile Phehlukwayo, Marco Jansen, Keshav Maharaj, Lungi Ngidi, Tabraiz Shamsi
- Rishabh Pant and Shreyas Iyer will play a crucial role in India’s chances after Dhawan and Kohli.
- The new captain KL Rahul needs to be positive in his approach and India needs to do something special to level the series.
- Key players for the side are Y Chahal, Virat Kohli, and S Dhawan.
- South Africa does not need to make any significant changes as they have won the first ODI, and they are 1-0 ahead.
- In the second ODI, the hosts will ant these two to contribute once more, which will help them to seal the series at Boland Park.
- T Bavuma, Rassie Van der-Dussen, and T Shamsi are the key players for the Proteas.
WEATHER AND PITCH REPORT:
A temperature of around 30s is expected during the match time – Hot and humid conditions are expected at the Paarl.
It would be the same conditions as the 1st ODI – Wicket is expected to be slow and spinners from both sides will play a crucial role in this game.
HEAD-TO-HEAD Battle: South Africa vs India
- Total Tests Played: 85
- India Won: 35
- South Africa Won: 47
- NR: 3
- Tie: 0
South Africa vs India, MATCH PREDICTION – WHO WILL WIN THIS GAME?
Both the teams are evenly matched on paper – But India has got more match winners and experience on their side. It is going to be a tough one for both sides – India has a slight edge over Proteas and they are the favorites for this game.
**DISCLAIMER: Please note that our Match predictions are based on our analysis and they do not guarantee positive results**