ABOUT THE MATCH| Melbourne Stars vs Sydney Sixers
The qualifier match of Big Bash League (BBL) 2019-20 is scheduled between Melbourne Stars vs Sydney Sixers. The match will take place at Melbourne Cricket Ground, Melbourne on January 31st, 2020 and the live telecast will begin from 08:15 AMGMT / 1:45 PM IST.
This is going to be the tough fight for both teams which are on the top of the points table. Melbourne Stars are spotted on the top with 10 wins out of 14 matches whereas Sydney Sixers are located next to the Melbourne Stars with 9 wins out of 14 matches in the points table.
The team that wins the toss is expected to choose bat first. While the venue isn’t bad for chasing, in a knock-out game it would be safer to bat first and put a healthy total on the board.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
However, the pitch should stay true for batting throughout. The weather for the game is expected to be bright and clear.
- After losing 3 back to back matches Melbourne Stars are here. In their last match, they had lost the match against Brisbane Heat by 71 runs.
- The performance of the batting unit more disappointed everyone.
- Nick Larkin and Peter Handscomb had scored 20+ runs in the match total team had managed to score 115 runs with a fall of 10 wickets in 17.4 overs.
- In the bowling unit, Adam Zampa had bagged 3 wickets. Dilbar Hussain and Sandeep Lamichhane had taken 1 wicket each.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI MELBOURNE STARS
Nic Maddinson, Glenn Maxwell (c), Nathan Coulter-Nile, Peter Handscomb, Adam Zampa, Marcus Stoinis, Nick Larkin, Seb Gotch (wk), Haris Rauf, Clint Hinchliffe, Dilbar Hussain
- Sydney Sixers would be very confident coming into this match the batting and bowling unit had fired in the last 3 matches.
- In the last match with Melbourne Renegades, Sydney Sixers had registered their win by 7 wickets.
- In the batting unit, the opener batsman Josh Philippe had given a good start by scoring 61 runs in 42 deliveries.
- James Vince who came along with opener had scored 22 runs off 13 balls.
- Steven Smith who came to bat on number 3 had scored 66 runs in 40 balls.
- Coming unit Tom Curran had picked 3 wickets Steve OKeefe and Ben Dwarshuis had taken 1 wicket each.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI SYDNEY SIXERS
Moises Henriques (c), Steve OKeefe, Steven Smith, Josh Hazlewood, James Vince, Nathan Lyon, Daniel Hughes, Jordan Silk, Tom Curran, Ben Dwarshuis, Josh Philippe (wk)
TEAM AND PLAYER PERFORMANCE ANALYSIS: MLS Vs SYS
TOP ORDER ANALYSIS | MLS VS SYS
- In the top order Analysis, Steve Smith from Sydney Sixers will have the upper hand with 132.5 strike rate
- Steve Smith had played only 2 matches in this BBL season.
- In Melbourne Stars, Peter Handscomb is pretty good at 112.28 average strike rate
MIDDLE ORDER ANALYSIS| MLS VS SYS
- In the middle order, Nic Larkin from Melbourne Stars at the top with 113.98 average strike rate
- In Sydney Sixers, Moises Henriques had a good strike rate of 103.11 with 9.6 average runs.
TOP AND MIDDLE ORDER ANALYSIS | MLS VS SYS
- In the top and middle-order average runs Sydney Sixers tops in the top order runs with 29.23
- Coming to the middle-order Melbourne Stars top in it with 18.93
BOWLING ANALYSIS | MLS VS SYS
- In the Bowling Analysis Clint Hinchliffe from Melbourne Stars had clinched 12 wickets with 7.93 economy rate
- Adam Zampa is also the key player in the bowling unit had picked 7 wickets with 6.95 economy rate
- Coming to Sydney Sixers Tom Curran had bagged 9 wickets with 8.35 economy rate
HEAD TO HEAD:
- Overall Matches – 12
- Melbourne Stars Won – 7
- Sydney Sixers Won – 5
- Draw – 0
- No- Result – 0
TEAM FORM IN LAST 5 MATCHES
- Melbourne Stars – W W W L NR
- Sydney Sixers – L L L W W
PROBABLE TOP PERFORMERS
- Melbourne Stars – Marcus Stoinis, Glenn Maxwell, Adam Zampa, Nathan Coulter-Nile
- Sydney Sixers – Steve Smith, Nathan Lyon, Tom Curran
- TV – Sony Six
- Online– Foxtel sports
- Match Timings – 08:15 AMGMT / 1:45 PM IST
PROBABLE WINNING TEAM | MLS VS SYS
Melbourne Stars’ form has dipped but they go into these playoffs as the league winners and Haris Rauf’s return is timely too. They can prove why they finished top by booking their final place.
Click Here For Dream11 Match Prediction.