ABOUT THE MATCH
Singapore and Netherlands will both be eyeing their third consecutive win of the tournament when they face each other in the 20th match of the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup Qualifier 2019. This Group A game will be played on October 22 at the ICC Academy in Dubai.
At this ground, the team batting first has won more matches than the team batting second so far in this T20 World Cup Qualifier. So the team that wins the toss here on Tuesday is more likely to elect to bat first.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
There won’t be any rain on the match day and plenty of sunshine has been forecast for Tuesday. It should be a pretty hot day with the temperature expected to be around 32-33 degrees Celsius.
The pitch at the ICC Academy in Dubai has been a pretty good one for batting so far in this tournament. However, it does seem to slow down a bit during the second period of play.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Singapore
Rohan Rangarajan, Surendran Chandramohan, Tim David, Aritra Dutta, Manpreet Singh (wk), Janak Prakash, Navin Param, Sidhant Singh, Amjad Mahboob (c), Selladore Vijayakumar, Vinoth Baskaran
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Netherlands
Max O’Dowd, Tobias Visee, Ben Cooper, Pieter Seelaar (c), Ryan ten Doeschate, Roelof van der Merwe, Brandon Glover, Scott Edwards (wk), Fred Klaassen, Paul van Meekeren, Timm van der Gugten
- Singapore has no injury worries to deal with ahead of this game and they are unlikely to make any changes to their line-up after having secured back-to-back wins.
- Navin Param was sent in to bat ahead of Janak Prakash in the last match against Bermuda.
- He played a match-winning knock and is likely to bat at number six again. Singapore will continue to open their batting with Rohan Rangarajan and Surendran Chandramohan.
- Singapore has now played eight T20 internationals this year out of which they have won six and lost two.
- In the ongoing ICC T20 World Cup Qualifier, they are currently positioned third on the Group A points table with wins in their first two matches against Scotland by two runs and against Bermuda by five wickets.
- Singapore have been impressive with the bat in both their encounters, posting 168 versus Scotland and chasing Bermuda’s 149 with ease.
- Netherlands will be going into this game with a clean bill of health as none of their players have been reported to be injured.
- After securing comfortable wins in their first two matches, the Dutch probably won’t tweak their winning combination for this match.
- Tobias Visee and Max O’Dowd will continue as openers while Ben Cooper will bat at number three.
- Captain Pieter Seelaar promoted himself to number four ahead of Roelof van der Merwe and Ryan ten Doeschate in the previous match against Namibia.
- Netherlands have won seven, lost ten and tied one out of the 18 T20 internationals they have played this year.
- They came into this tournament on the back of a 37-run victory over Hong Kong at Al Amerat earlier in the month.
- With two wins from as many games, they are currently second in the Group A leaderboard of the ICC T20 World Cup Qualifier 2019.
- The Dutch-registered a 30-run win over Kenya in their campaign opener before outplaying Namibia by 44 runs last time out.
PROBABLE WINNING TEAM:
Singapore and Netherlands have both performed well so far in this tournament and are coming on the back of two successive wins. But the Dutch have more quality in both batting and bowling departments and look better placed to register their third win on the bounce.
Click Here for Fantasy Picks.