PITCH AND CONDITIONS
There won’t be any rain on the match day and plenty of sunshine has been forecast for Tuesday. It should be a pretty hot day with the temperature expected to be around 32-33 degrees Celsius.
The pitch at the ICC Academy in Dubai has been a pretty good one for batting so far in this tournament. However, it does seem to slow down a bit during the second period of play.
- Singapore has no injury worries to deal with ahead of this game and they are unlikely to make any changes to their line-up after having secured back-to-back wins.
- Navin Param was sent in to bat ahead of Janak Prakash in the last match against Bermuda.
- He played a match-winning knock and is likely to bat at number six again. Singapore will continue to open their batting with Rohan Rangarajan and Surendran Chandramohan.
- Singapore has now played eight T20 internationals this year out of which they have won six and lost two.
- In the ongoing ICC T20 World Cup Qualifier, they are currently positioned third on the Group A points table with wins in their first two matches against Scotland by two runs and against Bermuda by five wickets.
- Singapore has been impressed with the bat in both their encounters, posting 168 versus Scotland and chasing Bermuda’s 149 with ease.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Singapore
Rohan Rangarajan, Surendran Chandramohan, Tim David, Aritra Dutta, Manpreet Singh (wk), Janak Prakash, Navin Param, Sidhant Singh, Amjad Mahboob (c), Selladore Vijayakumar, Vinoth Baskaran
- Netherlands will be going into this game with a clean bill of health as none of their players have been reported to be injured.
- After securing comfortable wins in their first two matches, the Dutch probably won’t tweak their winning combination for this match.
- Tobias Visee and Max O’Dowd will continue as openers while Ben Cooper will bat at number three.
- Captain Pieter Seelaar promoted himself to number four ahead of Roelof van der Merwe and Ryan ten Doeschate in the previous match against Namibia.
- Netherlands have won seven, lost ten and tied one out of the 18 T20 internationals they have played this year.
- They came into this tournament on the back of a 37-run victory over Hong Kong at Al Amerat earlier in the month.
- With two wins from as many games, they are currently second in the Group A leaderboard of the ICC T20 World Cup Qualifier 2019.
- The Dutch-registered a 30-run win over Kenya in their campaign opener before outplaying Namibia by 44 runs last time out.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Netherlands
Max O’Dowd, Tobias Visee, Ben Cooper, Pieter Seelaar (c), Ryan ten Doeschate, Roelof van der Merwe, Brandon Glover, Scott Edwards (wk), Fred Klaassen, Paul van Meekeren, Timm van der Gugten
OUR FANTASY LEAGUE PICKS FOR Singapore vs Netherlands GROUP A, 20TH MATCH IN ICC WORLD TWENTY20 QUALIFIER ARE MENTIONED BELOW:
- Surendran Chandramohan
- Janak Prakash
- Manpreet Singh
- Selladore Vijayakumar
- Navin Param
- Roelof van der Merwe (C)
- Brandon Glover
- Max O’Dowd (VC)
- Pieter Seelaar
- Paul van Meekeren
- Ryan ten Doeschate
Click Here for Match Prediction.
*Disclaimer: A team here is picked based on the perception, analysis, and gut feeling of the author. When you select your team, analyze the points mentioned to arrive at your own decision.*