ABOUT THE MATCH
The opening game of the Oman T20I series will see the home team take on Hong Kong. The match will be played on October 5 at the Al Amerat Cricket Ground Oman Cricket in Al Amarat.
Eight of the last nine T20 internationals played at this ground have been won by the side batting second. The toss-winning team, therefore, will probably prefer to chase here.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
The weather is expected to be clear throughout Saturday with very low chances of precipitation. Temperature is likely to be around 31-32 degrees Celsius while humidity could be around 57%.
The pitch at this ground has generally been good for batting and one can expect good batting conditions here on Saturday. 158 is the average first-innings score on this surface in T20 internationals.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Oman
Zeeshan Maqsood (c), Naseem Khushi (wk), Jatinder Singh, Wasim Ali, Khurram Nawaz, Mohammad Nadeem, Sufyan Mehmood, Sandeep Goud, Mehran Khan, Fayyaz Butt, Bilal Khan
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Hong Kong
Nizakat Khan, Aizaz Khan (c), Ahsan Abbasi, Kyle Christie, Waqas Khan, Kinchit Shah (wk), Shahid Wasif, Ehsan Khan, Mohammad Ghazanfar, Haroon Arshad, Raag Kapur
- Zeeshan Maqsood is set to lead Oman’s 18-man squad for this T20 international series.
- Naseem Khushi is likely to keep wickets and could open alongside Maqsood. Fayyaz Butt and Bilal Khan are expected to be given the new balls.
- Oman has not been doing too well in the game’s twenty-over format. They have managed to muster only one win from their last eight T20 internationals.
- Oman’s most recent T20I assignment came in February a quadrangular series where they lost all their three fixtures.
- Former captain Anshuman Rath has left Hong Kong national team to pursue his dream of representing India.
- Aizaz Khan has been appointed as the new captain and he will be leading the team’s 17-man squad in this series.
- Hong Kong has struggled to win games in T20 cricket in recent times.
- They have lost nine of their last eleven matches in the 20-over format.
- Their most recent T20I series came back in the UAE in 2017 at the Desert T20 Challenge where they lost two of their three matches.
PROBABLE WINNING TEAM:
Hong Kong is a decent looking team with a few good all-rounders in the side. And the hosts (Oman) have the upper hand going into this game and we are backing them to win here.
Click Here for Fantasy Picks.