ABOUT THE MATCH
The rain has played spoilsport in the India women vs South Africa women T20 series. The second and third T20 have been washed out without a single ball being bowled.
Unfortunately, the situation has not improved too much weather-wise. We can do nothing except hoping for the rain to relent and allow the fifth T20 international to be played.
Both the teams are going to be itching to get on the park since tours don’t come too often in the women’s game and every series is important.
India women vs South Africa women 5th T20 International is going to be played at the Lalbhai Contractor Stadium, Surat on the 4th of October 2019.
The team that wins the toss is going to want to bat first
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
The Lalbhai Contractor Stadium in Surat is going to be put under immense pressure to have conditions ready for playing the moment conditions allow it to. We think the outfield is going to be sluggish and the pitch conducive to spin.
This means that run-scoring is going to be difficult and something around 120 is going to be difficult to chase.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF INDIA WOMEN
Smriti Mandhana, Shafali Verma, Harmanpreet Kaur (c), Jemimah Rodrigues, Deepti Sharma, Veda Krishnamurthy, Pooja Vastrakar, Radha Yadav, Taniya Bhatia (wk), Poonam Yadav, Shikha Pandey
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF SOUTH AFRICA WOMEN
Lizelle Lee (wk), Trisha Chetty, Tazmin Brits, Laura Wolvaardt, Nadine de Klerk, Mignon du Preez, Sune Luus (c), Shabnim Ismail, Ayabonga Khaka, Tumi Sekhukhune, Anneke Bosch
- India has the stronger side in this series in terms of batting strength, spin bowling capabilities, and experience.
- Batters like Smriti Mandhana, Harmanpreet Kaur, and Jemimah Rodriguez have played top-class T20 cricket around the world. They are no strangers of being put in positions where performing is the only option.
- They did not make the most of their starts in the only match played so far and will be hungry for runs.
- The bowling is going to be spin heavy. A pitch that has not been prepared too much due to the prevailing weather conditions is going to be more helpful to the spinners than before. Radha Yadav and Poonam Yadav are going to the two bowlers that are most likely to pick wickets.
SOUTH AFRICA WOMEN
- This T20 match is now a must-win for the South Africa women’s cricket team. They have lost the only match that was played in the series so far and will lose the series if they lose this match.
- The conditions may be stacked against South Africa but they should not be counted out. Players like Lizelle Lee, Laura Wolvaardt, and Mignon du Preez are genuine match-winners with the bat.
- The lack of experience in the middle order, as well as the lack of quality spinners in the side, can hurt the South Africa women.
- We saw how dangerous Shabnim Ismail and Ayabonga Khoka can be in the opening match. While the conditions are not going to be to their liking, South Africa’s bowlers are quick in the air and will test the Indian batting for sure.
PROBABLE WINNING TEAM:
We think that INDIA is the team to back in this match because it is a far better side and is playing in home conditions.
Click Here for Fantasy Picks.