PITCH AND CONDITIONS
The Lalbhai Contractor Stadium in Surat is going to be put under immense pressure to have conditions ready for playing the moment conditions allow it to. We think the outfield is going to be sluggish and the pitch conducive to spin.
This means that run-scoring is going to be difficult and something around 120 is going to be difficult to chase.
- India has the stronger side in this series in terms of batting strength, spin bowling capabilities, and experience.
- Batters like Smriti Mandhana, Harmanpreet Kaur, and Jemimah Rodriguez have played top-class T20 cricket around the world. They are no strangers of being put in positions where performing is the only option.
- They did not make the most of their starts in the only match played so far and will be hungry for runs.
- The bowling is going to be spin heavy. A pitch that has not been prepared too much due to the prevailing weather conditions is going to be more helpful to the spinners than before. Radha Yadav and Poonam Yadav are going to the two bowlers that are most likely to pick wickets.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF INDIA WOMEN
Smriti Mandhana, Shafali Verma, Harmanpreet Kaur (c), Jemimah Rodrigues, Deepti Sharma, Veda Krishnamurthy, Pooja Vastrakar, Radha Yadav, Taniya Bhatia (wk), Poonam Yadav, Shikha Pandey
SOUTH AFRICA WOMEN
- This T20 match is now a must-win for the South Africa women’s cricket team. They have lost the only match that was played in the series so far and will lose the series if they lose this match.
- The conditions may be stacked against South Africa but they should not be counted out. Players like Lizelle Lee, Laura Wolvaardt, and Mignon du Preez are genuine match-winners with the bat.
- The lack of experience in the middle order, as well as the lack of quality spinners in the side, can hurt the South Africa women.
- We saw how dangerous Shabnim Ismail and Ayabonga Khoka can be in the opening match. While the conditions are not going to be to their liking, South Africa’s bowlers are quick in the air and will test the Indian batting for sure.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF SOUTH AFRICA WOMEN
Lizelle Lee (wk), Trisha Chetty, Tazmin Brits, Laura Wolvaardt, Nadine de Klerk, Mignon du Preez, Sune Luus (c), Shabnim Ismail, Ayabonga Khaka, Tumi Sekhukhune, Anneke Bosch
OUR FANTASY LEAGUE PICKS FOR INDIA WOMEN VS SOUTH AFRICA WOMEN 5TH T20 IN SOUTH AFRICA WOMEN TOUR OF INDIA 2019 ARE MENTIONED BELOW:
- Harmanpreet Kaur
- Deepti Sharma (C)
- Lizelle Lee
- Shabnim Ismail
- Jemimah Rodrigues
- Nadine de Klerk
- Taniya Bhatia
- Radha Yadav
- Shafali Verma
- Poonam Yadav (VC)
- Mignon du Preez
Click Here for Match Prediction.
*Disclaimer: This team is based on the understanding, analysis, and instinct of the author. While selecting your team, consider the points mentioned and make your own decision.*