ABOUT THE MATCH
Hong Kong has to beat Nigeria by a big margin to reach the ICC T20 World Cup Qualifier play-offs. The match is scheduled to play at the Tolerance Oval, Abu Dhabi, on October 27.
This is the final group game for both teams, and Hong Kong sneaks into fourth place if it wins against Nigeria, and the final playoff spot. However, they would still need other results to go their way.
In the last two matches Hong Kong has won the toss and went to bat first. The Tolerance Oval is generally a field first wicket, however, so they have a big decision to make if they do win the toss.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
Bowlers have found some assistance in the Tolerance Oval wickets and it is telling just how many teams have bowled first on this pitch.
Abu Dhabi will be hot, dry and sunny for the end of the group stage. Conditions, as they were always likely to be, have been typical of the Emirates throughout.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Hong Kong
Nizakat Khan, Aizaz Khan (c), Kinchit Shah, Waqas Barqat, Haroon Arshad, Simandeep Singh, Scott McKechnie (wk), Shahid Wasif, Ehsan Khan, Kyle Christie, Nasrulla Rana
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Nigeria
Daniel Ajekun, Sulaimon Runsewe, Leke Oyede, Chimezie Onwuzulike, Sesan Adedeji, Ademola Onikoyi (c, wk), Daniel Gim, Vincent Adewoye, Sylvester Okpe, Chima Akachukwu, Abiodun Abioye
- Hong Kong brought Nasrulla Rana in for Aarush Bhagwat last time out and he claimed 3-25 in the win against Canada.
- Hong Kong is expected to win in this match as well.
- After defeats to Ireland, Oman and then the UAE, Hong Kong looked down and out.
- However, they made a comeback with Nizakat Khan’s 48 off 30 which helped them to 144/7 against Jersey and they then restricted them to 136/6 in reply.
- Then, Kinchit Shah hit an unbeaten 59 from 48 balls in a total of 150/7 against Canada, and some excellent bowling by Nasrulla Rana’s helped them restrict Canada to just 118/9.
- Nigeria has changed their line-up more recently, with the likes of Chimezie Onwuzulike and Sesan Adedeji important with the bat to allow them to do that.
- Before facing Ireland, Nigeria had lost four out of four matches in this tournament.
- Their batting scores reflect the difference between themselves and the more established teams.
- The future could be bright, given their under-19s have qualified for next year’s World Cup, but for now, they are not at the level of other teams in this tournament.
PROBABLE WINNING TEAM:
Hong Kong has given themselves a slim chance of reaching the playoffs and are likely to win against Nigeria in this encounter.
Click Here for Fantasy Picks.