ABOUT THE MATCH
The 2nd match of super 50 Cup 2019 between Jamaica Scorpions and Barbados Pride is scheduled to be played on November 7 at Warner Park, St Kitt.
Jamaica has faced a heartbreak situation in the semi-finals as they were defeated by 1 wicket against Guyana and got knocked out of the tournament.
On the other hand, Barbados finished third in the Group B table with four wins out of eight matches played.
As the surface at Warner Park favors batsman, the team winning the toss will opt to bat first.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
In the last five games at Warner Park, the chasing side has registered just one win and has lost on three occasions. So, this time the opening team is expected to bat first.
Roshon Primus, Javon Searles, Jonathan Carter (c), Zachary McCaskie, Kyle Mayers, Joshua Bishop, Leniko Boucher, Miguel Cummins, Chemar Holder, Nicholas Kirton, Ashley Nurse, Kjorn Ottley, Shamar Springer, and Tevyn Walcott
Jermaine Blackwood, Rovman Powell (c), Oshane Thomas, Nicholson Gordon, Derval Green (vc), Aldaine Thomas, Denis Smith, Nkrumah Bonner, Assad Fudadin, Dennis Bulli, Jamie Merchant, Christopher Lamont, Andre McCarthy, Marquino Mindley
- In the last season, Barbados was in the third position of the Group B points table and lost their chance to get into the semi-finals.
- But Barbados has won by 39 runs in the final clash against Jamaica.
- Jonathan Cater’s 82 off 69 and Brooks 60 off 72 helped Barbados to clinch the win.
- In this match, Jonathan Carter will be leading the side in the tournament
- Shamar Springer, Miguel Cummins, Ashley Nurse, Tevyn Walcott along are the players to be retained.
- In spite of being the semi-finalists of the tournament, Jamaica’s failed to chase down the target.
- Losing by one wicket was a huge disappointment for them.
- Rovman Powell is set to lead the side in the tournament.
- Andre McCarthy, Nkrumah Bonner, Jermaine Blackwood, Rovman Powell (c), Oshane Thomas, Christopher Lamont, Derval Green are Jamaica’s retained players.
PROBABLE WINNING TEAM:
Jamaica looks to be a stronger team than Barbados and is, therefore, favorites to win in the opening match of the tournament.
Click here for Fantasy Picks.