PITCH AND CONDITIONS
The weather forecast for this match looks very good with clear skies and no chance of rain. It should be pretty cool in the evening with the temperature expected to be between 22 and 25 degrees Celsius.
The Drummoyne Oval hosted three matches in the previous season of the Women’s Big Bash League and each of the six innings produced a score in the range of 130-140. This indicates that it is not a high scoring ground and there will be something in the pitch for the bowlers.
Sydney Thunder Women
- Sydney Thunder made a couple of changes to their side in the last match against Perth Scorchers.
- They drafted Rachael Haynes and Lisa Griffith into the playing eleven at the expense of Rachel Trenaman and Saskia Horley. Rachael Haynes, who has taken over the captaincy from Alex Blackwell, will be batting at number three.
- Naomi Stalenberg and Rachel Priest will continue to open the batting while pace bowlers Samantha Bates and Shabnim Ismail will spearhead the Thunder’s bowling attack.
- Sydney Thunder is currently placed fifth on the WBBL 2019 points table with four wins, three losses and a no result from eight league matches.
- After the big loss in the tournament opener against Sydney Sixers, they won their next four completed fixtures on the trot.
- However, the Thunder have lost all their momentum with defeats in their last two matches both against Perth Scorchers.
- They were let down by their batters on both occasions.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Sydney Thunder Women
Naomi Stalenberg, Rachel Priest (wk), Rachael Haynes (c), Alex Blackwell, Tahlia Wilson, Nida Dar, Hannah Darlington, Rene Farrell, Lisa Griffith, Shabnim Ismail, Samantha Bates
Sydney Sixers Women
- Sydney Sixers dropped Jodie Hicks and brought in off-spinner Lauren Smith in the last match against Hobart Hurricanes.
- Smith dismissed Hobart’s skipper Corinne Hall in the only over she bowled in the game and that should be enough to retain her place in the side.
- The Sixers will open their batting with captain Ellyse Perry and wicketkeeper Alyssa Healy while Erin Burns and Dane van Niekerk will continue to bat in the middle order. Marizanne Kapp will likely start the proceedings with the ball.
- Sydney Sixers have won five and lost two out of the seven matches they have played so far and are positioned third in the WBBL 2019 league standings with ten points.
- Wednesday’s 39-run victory against Hobart Hurricanes means that the Sixers now have four wins in their previous five matches.
- Both their defeats this season have come against Brisbane Heat they were outplayed on both occasions, losing the first encounter by 92 runs and the second by seven wickets.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Sydney Sixers Women
Alyssa Healy (wk), Ellyse Perry (c), Ashleigh Gardner, Erin Burns, Dane van Niekerk, Marizanne Kapp, Sarah Aley, Maddy Darke, Lauren Smith, Hayley Silver-holmes, Stella Campbell
OUR FANTASY LEAGUE PICKS FOR Sydney Thunder Women vs Sydney Sixers Women 33rd MATCH ARE MENTIONED BELOW:
- Alex Blackwell
- Nida Dar (VC)
- Alyssa Healy
- Rene Farrell
- Ashleigh Gardner
- Hannah Darlington
- Lisa Griffith
- Erin Burns
- Ellyse Perry (C)
- Marizanne Kapp
- Sarah Aley
Click Here for Match Prediction.
*Disclaimer: A team here is picked based on the perception, analysis, and gut feeling of the author. When you select your team, analyze the points mentioned to arrive at your own decision.*