PITCH AND CONDITIONS
While the chance of rain is extremely low, Lahore will be overcast for the start of this WODI series.
As proved by the WT20i series, the Lahore wicket neither favors the batsmen nor the bowlers consistently. It can produce a bit of everything.
- Aiman Anwer and Nida Dar are the two players missing from the 11 which tied with South Africa in Pakistan’s most recent WODI match.
- Diana Baig is fit again, however, and in-form Sadia Iqbal could slot into the bowling line-up too. From the WT20i squad, the most notable absentee is in-form bowler Anam Amin.
- These will be Pakistan’s first WODI matches since a tied series with South Africa after the two teams tied the final game of the three-match rubber in Benoni.
- Pakistan won the first game by eight wickets, but South Africa leveled the series with the same margin of victory in the second.
- In the third match, Aliya Riaz took 2-49 as South Africa posted 265/6 and then scored 71, alongside Javeria Khan’s 74, as Pakistan hit 265/9.
- Number 11 Nashra Sandhu hammered a six and a single from the final two balls of the match to confirm a tied series.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Pakistan Women
Nahida Khan, Sidra Ameen, Javeria Khan, Bismah Maroof (c), Aliya Riaz, Umaima Sohail, Sana Mir, Sidra Nawaz (wk), Sadia Iqbal, Nashra Sandhu, Diana Baig
- Bangladesh has the same squad to choose from as for the WT20i series, but Rumana Ahmed will captain the team instead of Salma Khatun.
- From the final WT20i, Khadija Tul Kubra could come into the team given her form in Bangladesh’s last WODI match last year. Nigar Sultana could also come back into the team, though Shamima Sultana looks set to keep wicket.
- Bangladesh has not played a Women’s One Day International since beating Pakistan in October 2018 in a one-off game.
- Khadija Tul Kubra took 6-20 as they bowled Pakistan out for 94 at Cox’s Bazar before Fargana Hoque’s patient 48 ensured they eased to a six-wicket win.
- Prior to that, they suffered a 5-0 whitewash at the hands of South Africa.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Bangladesh Women
Shamima Sultana (wk), Ayasha Rahman, Sanjida Islam, Nigar Sultana, Rumana Ahmed (c), Fargana Hoque, Jahanara Alam, Salma Khatun, Lata Mondal, Khadija Tul Kubra, Panna Ghosh
OUR FANTASY LEAGUE PICKS FOR Pakistan Women vs Bangladesh Women, 1st ODI IN Bangladesh Women tour of Pakistan, 2019 ARE MENTIONED BELOW:
- Bismah Maroof
- Javeria Khan (C)
- Nigar Sultana
- Jahanara Alam (VC)
- Sanjida Islam
- Rumana Ahmed
- Khadija Tul Kubra
- Sidra Ameen
- Aliya Riaz
- Sadia Iqbal
- Diana Baig
Click Here for Match Prediction.
*Disclaimer: A team here is picked based on the perception, analysis, and gut feeling of the author. When you select your team, analyze the points mentioned to arrive at your own decision.*