PITCH AND CONDITIONS
The Junction Oval has produced moderate-to-high scores this WBBL, showing that the pitch has been pretty good for batting. 150+ has been scored on five occasions. The surface will provide an equal amount of opportunities for both the pacers as well as the spinners.
There will be no chance of rain. it will remain warm and sunny climate as weather prediction. Temperature is expected to be around 30-33 degrees Celsius during the match while humidity could be around 25%.
Melbourne Stars Women
- Melbourne Stars made one change to their line-up in Saturday’s 57-run loss to Adelaide Strikers.
- They dropped Tess Flintoff and brought in leg-spinner Kristen Beams as her replacement.
- The Stars will continue to open their batting with Lizelle Lee and skipper Elyse Villani while Mignon du Preez and Annabel Sutherland will continue at numbers three and four, respectively.
- Holly Ferling was impressive with the ball last time and would do again in the powerplay.
- Melbourne Stars are currently languishing at the bottom of the points table with just one win from nine matches.
- They lost their first four fixtures and secured a couple of points against Perth Scorchers before suffering defeats in their last four matches.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Melbourne Stars Women
Elyse Villani (c), Lizelle Lee, Mignon du Preez, Annabel Sutherland, Erin Osborne, Katey Martin (wk), Alana King, Madeline Penna, Nicola Hancock, Holly Ferling, Kristen Beams
Perth Scorchers Women
- Perth Scorchers have not made any changes to their side since the last three matches, and they could again go in with an unchanged procedure.
- Captain Meg Lanning opened the innings alongside Amy Ellen Jones last time against Brisbane Heat and the same opening combination is likely to be seen in the upcoming Wednesday’s match.
- Nicole Bolton, Heather Graham, and Chloe Piparo will form Perth’s middle-order batting. Natalie Sciver will probably lead the bowling attack and off-spinner Nicole Bolton could be her new-ball partner again.
- With ten points in the bag, Perth Scorchers are positioned fifth on the WBBL 2019 points table having won five and lost four out of the nine matches they have played so far this season.
- It seemed they were beginning to find form and consistency with three wins on the bounce against Adelaide Strikers and twice against Sydney Thunder.
- But a big eight-wicket defeat in the last game against Brisbane Heat has made them lose all their momentum.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Perth Scorchers Women
Amy Ellen Jones (wk), Meg Lanning (c), Georgia Redmayne, Natalie Sciver, Nicole Bolton, Chloe Piparo, Heather Graham, Jemma Barsby, Kim Garth, Taneale Peschel, Samantha Betts
OUR FANTASY LEAGUE PICKS FOR Melbourne Stars Women vs Perth Scorchers Women 39TH T20 ARE MENTIONED BELOW:
- Lizelle Lee
- Madeline Penna
- Amy Ellen Jones
- Alana King
- Mignon du Preez
- Natalie Sciver (C)
- Jemma Barsby
- Meg Lanning (VC)
- Heather Graham
- Samantha Betts
- Kim Garth
Click Here for Match Prediction.
*Disclaimer: A team here is picked based on the perception, analysis, and gut feeling of the author. When you select your team, analyze the points mentioned to arrive at your own decision.*