ABOUT THE MATCH
The whole world is completely ready to see another big match in the Caribbean Premier League (CPL). The 1st semi-final match of the CPL 2020 is going to be held on 8th September 2020 (Tuesday) in between Tribango Knight Riders (TKR) and Jamaica Tallawahs (JT) at Brian Lara Stadium, Tarouba, Trinidad.
Teams & Players’ performance Analysis:
Trinbago Knight Riders
The tremendous way, the team of Trinbango Knight Riders (TKR) had played in 2020 CPL is just out of imagination. In the complete league, they are the best performing side. So far, they have played 10 matches and had lost not even one match. They won all the matches and leading in the points table with 20 points and acquire the best run rate among all other sides.
Possible XI: Dwayne Bravo, Lendl Simmons, Colin Munro, Sunil Narine, Tim Seifert (wk), Darren Bravo, Kieron Pollard (c), Ali Khan, Pravin Tambe, Fawad Ahmed, Jayden Seales.
In this 2020 CPL, Jamaica Tallawahas can’t perform that much well but by luck, they have got a chance to qualify for the final match of the league. So far, they have played 10 matches but won only three. They have lost all other six matches and one match was finished with no result. By winning the 3 matches, now they are placed at the 4th position on the points table after the conclusion of league stage matches.
Possible XI: Chadwick Walton, Rovman Powell (c), Jermaine Blackwood, Glenn Phillips (wk), Asif Ali, Carlos Brathwaite, Nkrumah Bonner, Sandeep Lamichhane, Veerasammy Permaul, Fidel Edwards, Mujeeb Ur Rahman.
At this venue, the pitch is batting friendly. The surface is a bit slower than the others we have seen till now and also helps the spinners of the team.
As per the weather prediction, the weather in Trinidad is not that much good. In this area, there is plenty of rain and most probably we can’t watch the complete match.
Trinbago Knight Riders:
- In the last league match, Lendl Simmons, Sunil Narine, and Dwayne Bravo were not involved but for the semi-final, most probably they will play.
- In the Trinabango Knight Riders (TKR), Darren Bravo is the leading run-scorer. In 10 matches, he scored 239 runs at a strike rate of 113, whereas Lendl Simmons has played 9 matches and scored 218 runs with a strike rate of 110.
- Apart from Sunil Narine, who managed to keep 4 economical overs along with one or two wickets, Dwayne Bravo and Fawad Alam, who claimed 9 and 10 wickets respectively will lead the bowling department of TKR.
- For the team of Jamaica Tallawahs, Glenn Philips is the leading run-scorer, who played 10 matches so far and made 314 runs with a strike rate of more than 125. After the injury, Andre Russell has managed to make 220 runs.
- For the JT team, Mujeeb Ur Rahman has claimed 15 wickets with the best of taking 3 wickets by conceding 11 runs with a sublime economy rate of 5.23. In 9 matches, Sandeep Lamichhane has also taken 12 wickets, with his best of claiming 2 wickets by conceding 8 runs.
Head to head:
- Overall T20I Matches – 18
- TKR won – 09
- JT won – 09
- No Result – 00
- Abandoned – 00
Team form in last 5 matches:
- Australia – W, W, W, W, W
- England – L, L, L, L, L
Probable top performers:
- TKR – Kieron Pollard, Dwayne Bravo
- JT– Glenn Phillips, Mujeeb Ur Rahman
- Tv – Star Sports
- Live Streaming – Hotstar
- Match Timings – 8th September 2020 at 5:30 AM
Probable winning team:
As per the 2020 CPL prediction, no doubt that Trinbango Knight Riders has an upper hand in and is the favorite team to win this semi-final match. There are many factors such as stats, the analysis that makes TKR as the most desirable team to win the match.