ABOUT THE MATCH
Cape Town Blitz and Nelson Mandela Bay Giants will face each other in the 26th fixture of the Mzansi Super League 2019. The match is set to play on December 6 at the Newlands.
Nelson Mandela Bay Giants being the table-toppers won five out of eight matches played with 2 losses and one no result. In the last match, they won by six wickets against Tshwane Spartans and are in a consistent form.
Moreover, Cape Town Blitz too defeated Tshwane Spartans in the last match by 15 runs. Blitz has so far won four with an equal number of defeats out of eight matches played and is placed fifth in the points table. They have to win both their remaining matches to reach the play-offs.
The Newlands ground looked to have good batting conditions and the team winning the toss is likely to bat first.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
The pitch at Newlands is in favor of batsmen and is likely to give some high-scores to the batting side. Moreover, It looks really a tough day for the bowlers.
The temperature is expected to be around 22-25 degrees Celsius with very little cloud cover. The match is likely to go in a smooth way without any interruption of rain.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Cape Town Blitz
Janneman Malan, Quinton de Kock (c/wk), David Bedingham, Liam Livingstone, Vernon Philander, Mohammad Nawaz, Wahab Riaz, Aviwe Mgijima, Sisanda Magala, Dale Steyn, Anrich Nortje
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Nelson Mandela Bay Giants
Ben Dunk (wk), Matthew Breetzke, JJ Smuts (c), Heino Kuhn, Ryan ten Doeschate, Marco Marais, Chris Morris, Beuran Hendricks, Junior Dala, Akhona Mnyaka, Imran Tahir
Cape Town Blitz
- Cape Town Blitz started the season with three wins out of the first four matches played.
- After which they couldn’t put on their win as they faced three defeated in the further matches.
- However, they made a comeback in the last match against Tshwane Spartans and are likely to continue their winning ways.
- Asif Ali was dropped from the team and picked up pace bowler Anrich Nortje in the last match.
- David Bedingham hit a half-century and led the team to win by 15 runs against Spartans.
- Quinton de Kock and Janneman Malan are set to open the inning for the side.
- Dale Steyn will lead the bowling attack.
Nelson Mandela Bay Giants
- Nelson Mandela Bay Giants has made a kick start in this season with four wins in their first four completed encounters.
- They have also faced back-to-back defeats, one against Paarl Rocks and another against Durban Heat.
- However, they won by six-wickets against Tshwane Spartans in the last match.
- Jason Roy was unavailable in the last match and is likely to miss this time too.
- Matthew Breetzke is likely to open the innings along with Ben Dunk.
- Onke Nyaku was dropped and brought in fast bowler Akhona Mnyaka into the team.
- They are likely to stick to the current line-up for the clash against Blitz.
PROBABLE WINNING TEAM:
Nelson Mandela Bay Giants are with a more balanced team and are favorites to beat Cape Town Blitz in this encounter.
Click Here for Fantasy Picks.