ABOUT THE MATCH
Hobart Hurricanes and Adelaide Strikers are playing their first game in the BBL. Hobart Hurricanes lost all their three previous matches and hold 7th position on the points table.
Adelaide Strikers registered a 10-wicket victory against Brisbane Heat in the previous match. They are in the third position on the points table.
The toss winning team will opt to bowl first and hope to restrict batsmen to a low target.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
The Aurora Stadium in Australia is a bowling pitch, so batsmen will have to struggle to get runs there.
There are remote chances of rain and we can expect a bit of wind at Aurora stadium but the forecast seems to be okay at the match time.
- Their last match against Sydney Sixers ended in a no-result due to rain.
- Matthew Wade announced his return to the BBL by scoring a brilliant 50.
- Qais Ahmad picked up 11 wickets this BBL season.
- Scott Boland is bowling well and has picked up 1 wicket in their last match before it got abandoned.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF HOBART HURRICANES
Matthew Wade (c), George Bailey, David Miller, Ben McDermott (wk), Caleb Jewell, Jake Doran, Thomas Rogers, Nathan Ellis, Qais Ahmad, Clive Rose, Scott Boland.
- They won their previous match against Brisbane Heat with an all-round performance.
- Philip Salt scored a brilliant unbeaten 67 in the last match.
- Liam O Connor picked up 3 wickets against Brisbane Heat.
- Wes Agar with a low economy rate got 2 wickets in the same match.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF ADELAIDE STRIKERS
Jonathan Wells, Harry Nielsen (wk), Philip Salt, Travis Head (c) Matthew Short, Michael Neser, Rashid Khan, Liam O’Connor, Harry Conway, Billy Stanlake, Jake Weatherald.
HEAD TO HEAD:
⦁ HOBART HURRICANES – 4
⦁ ADELAIDE STRIKERS – 7
⦁ Draw – 0
⦁ No- Result – 0
TEAM FORM IN LAST 5 MATCHES
⦁ HOBART HURRICANES – NR L L L W
⦁ ADELAIDE STRIKERS – W L W L L
PROBABLE TOP PERFORMERS
⦁ HOBART HURRICANES – Qais Ahmad
⦁ ADELAIDE STRIKERS – Rashid Khan
⦁ TV – Sony Six
⦁ Online– Foxtel sports
⦁ Match Timings – 02: 45 PM IST/ GMT