PITCH AND CONDITIONS
The match in Lucknow went on in 2018 between India and West Indies where the pitch opted to bat first. But this assumption went completely wrong, as the warm-up game saw the pitch favors bowlers more than the batsmen.
The temperature at Lucknow is around 20 degrees Celsius with very little wind and zero chance of rain.
- Afghanistan has complete changed their side after their poor World Cup campaign.
- Rashid Khan will lead the side.
- Mohammad Shahzad and Aftab Alam have both been suspended for Code of Conduct breaches.
- Dawlat Zadran, Hamid Hassan, Hashmatullah Shahidi, Noor Ali Zadran and Samiullah Shinwari, who played in the World Cup, will be missing from the squad.
- Karim Janat, Naveen-ul-Haq, Yamin Ahmadzai, and Sharafuddin Ashraf could be among the players who could be drafted in for this first game if the warm-up match is any indication.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Afghanistan
Rahmat Shah, Gulbadin Naib, Ikram Alikhil (wk), Asghar Afghan, Karim Janat, Mohammad Nabi, Najibullah Zadran, Rashid Khan (c), Yamin Ahmadzai, Naveen-ul-Haq, Mujeeb Ur Rahman
- West Indies have also changed their ODI captain since the World Cup.
- Kieron Pollard has been given captaincy in September.
- Brandon King and former USA international Hayden Walsh Jr both earned maiden call-ups after their extraordinary performance in the Caribbean Premier League.
- Romario Shepherd is most likely to debut.
- Chris Gayle will be absent while Andre Russell and Sunil Narine are injured.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF West Indies
Evin Lewis, Shai Hope, Shimron Hetmyer, Nicholas Pooran (wk), Kieron Pollard (c), Roston Chase, Jason Holder, Keemo Paul, Sheldon Cottrell, Romario Shepherd, Alzarri Joseph
OUR FANTASY LEAGUE PICKS FOR Afghanistan vs West Indies 1st ODI | Afghanistan v West Indies In India 2019 ARE MENTIONED BELOW:
- Najibullah Zadran
- Rahmat Shah (VC)
- Evin Lewis
- Rashid Khan (C)
- Jason Holder
- Nicholas Pooran
- Shai Hope
- Ikram Alikhil
- Sheldon Cottrell
- Romario Shepherd
- Mujeeb Ur Rahman
Click Here for Match Prediction.
*Disclaimer: A team here is picked based on the perception, analysis, and gut feeling of the author. When you select your team, analyze the points mentioned to arrive at your own decision.*