PITCH AND CONDITIONS
Temperatures will only be in the high teens in Adelaide on Sunday, but the forecast is clear of rain and conditions should be mostly sunny at the Karen Rolton Oval.
Still a very new ground (and very new wicket), there is little to go on from previous games. If anything, it leans slightly towards batting and seam-up bowling but the pitch at the Karen Rolton Oval has generally been well-balanced.
Adelaide Strikers Women
- Adelaide Strikers have a new coach, Luke Williams, for the new campaign and a big-name new signing in West Indies captain Stafanie Taylor.
- Taylor is available for the start and end of the campaign, so this is one of the fixtures she is free to play before joining up with the national team.
- Katie Mack joins from Melbourne Stars, while Sophie Devine and Suzie Bates will be above her and Taylor at the top of the order.
- Adelaide Strikers won five of their 14 matches last season, therefore finishing off the pace and out of the playoffs in sixth place.
- Their final game saw them post 140/6 from their 20 overs against Perth Scorchers only to lose by ten wickets with 20 balls remaining.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Adelaide Strikers Women
Suzie Bates (c), Sophie Devine, Stafanie Taylor, Katie Mack, Tahlia McGrath, Tegan McPharlin (wk), Tabatha Saville, Amanda-Jane Wellington, Megan Schutt, Sarah Coyte, Alex Price
Melbourne Renegades Women
- Only one half of Melbourne Renegades’ New Zealand power couple returns as a player this year, with Amy Satterthwaite pregnant with hers and Lea Tahuhu’s first child.
- Tahuhu is available, however, and the Gades have added Tammy Beaumont as an overseas player in Satterthwaite’s absence.
- Tayla Vlaeminck has left, but Josie Dooley has signed and will be behind the stumps. Jess Duffin is set to captain the team.
- Melbourne Renegades reached the Big Bash semi-finals last season after a fourth-place finish, courtesy of seven wins and a no result from their 14 games.
- In the semi-final, they restricted Sidney Sixers to 131/4, with Lea Tahuhu taking 1-18, but they posted 131/6 from their 20 overs in reply.
- There, the Gades could only post six from their over, and Molly Strano was unable to defend it.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Melbourne Renegades Women
Danni Wyatt, Tammy Beaumont, Jess Duffin (c), Josie Dooley (wk), Courtney Webb, Sophie Molineux, Claire Koski, Maitlan Brown, Molly Strano, Georgia Wareham, Lea Tahuhu
OUR FANTASY LEAGUE PICKS FOR Adelaide Strikers Women vs Melbourne Renegades Women 2nd T20 IN WOMEN’S BIG BASH LEAGUE 2019 ARE MENTIONED BELOW:
- Suzie Bates
- Sophie Devine (VC)
- Tegan McPharlin
- Megan Schutt
- Jess Duffin
- Danni Wyatt
- Lia Tahuhu
- Katie Mack
- Stafanie Taylor (C)
- Georgia Wareham
- Amanda-Jade Wellington
Click Here for Match Prediction.
*Disclaimer: A team here is picked based on the perception, analysis, and gut feeling of the author. When you select your team, analyze the points mentioned to arrive at your own decision.*