ABOUT THE MATCH| ADELAIDE STRIKERS VS SYDNEY THUNDER
The Knock match of Big Bash League(BBL)2019-20 is scheduled between Adelaide Strikers vs Sydney Thunder. The match is going to be held at Adelaide Oval, Adelaide, Australia on the 1st of February, the live telecast will begin from 2:10 PM IST /08:40 AMGMT / 07:10 PM LOCAL.
The toss winning team will likely choose to bowl first and expected that they gonna restrict the opponent team to score huge runs to the scoreboard.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
5 matches of 7 are won by the first batting side and chasing will be avoided on the surface and this pitch is pretty good for batting. batting second can get the better of a batting unit.
- In last 5 matches, Adelaide Strikers had won 4 matches and lost 1 match, In the previous match, they lost against Hobart Hurricanes by 10 runs.
- The opener Philip Salt had scored 66 runs in 33 balls with 10 boundaries and 2 sixes.
- Travis Head who came to bat on number 3 had scored 47 runs in 37 balls.
- Alex Carey had looked good with his 39 runs in 24 balls.
- In the bowling except for Michael Neser, no bowler had taken a wicket.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI ADELAIDE STRIKERS
Phillip Salt, Jake Weatherald, Travis Head (C), Alex Carey (wk), Jonathan Wells, Rashid Khan, Matthew Short, Michael Neser, Peter Siddle, Wes Agar, Billy Stanlake
- Sydney Thunder is here, after eliminating Hobart Hurricanes in the eliminator match.
- In that, the openers, Usman Khawaja and Alex Hales had given a good start by scores 54 and 60 respectively.
- Callum Ferguson and Alex Ross had looked good with their 33 and 21 runs.
- It was a one-man show by Jonathan Cook who clinched 4 wickets in bowling unit.
- Chris Morris had bagged 3 wickets Daniel Sams and Chris Tremain had picked 2 and 1 wickets.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI SYDNEY THUNDER
Usman Khawaja, Alex Hales, Callum Ferguson (C), Alex Ross, Chris Morris, Daniel Sams, Arjun Nair, Jay Lenton, Chris Tremain, Jonathan Cook, Brendan Doggett
TOP ORDER ANALYSIS |
- In the top order analysis, Phil Salt from Adelaide Strikers is top on average strike rate with 139.44 and he tops on average runs with 45.4
- Alex Ross from Sydney Thunder maintain the upper hand with 135.08 Average Strike Rate
- Alex Hales from Sydney Thunder is top with 51 average runs
MIDDLE ORDER ANALYSIS|
- Matt Short tops in average strike rate with 144.45 and Jonathan Wells tops in average runs with 30.4
- Chris Morris From Sydney Thunder is on top with 143.44 average Strike Rate
- Callum Ferguson maintain his upper hand in Average Runs
TOP AND MIDDLE ORDER ANALYSIS |
- Adelaide Strikers is on the top in top order average runs with 39.5
- Middle-order is also ruling by the 23.73
BOWLING ANALYSIS |
- Wes Agar from Adelaide Strikers is in the top with 11 wickets
- Coming to economy rate Peter Siddle tops in that
HEAD TO HEAD:
- Overall Matches – 13
- Adelaide Strikers Won – 6
- Sydney Sixers Won – 5
- Draw – 0
- No- Result – 2
TEAM FORM IN LAST 5 MATCHES
Adelaide Strikers – L W W W W
Sydney Thunder – W W L L W
PROBABLE TOP PERFORMERS
Adelaide Strikers – Phil Salt, Rashid Khan, Peter Siddle
Sydney Thunder – Alex Hales, Daniel Sams, Chris Morris
- TV – Sony Six
- Online– Foxtel sports
- Match Timings – 2:10 PM IST /08:40 AMGMT / 07:10 PM LOCAL.
PROBABLE WINNING TEAM
If Sydney Thunder continues the same flow then they can win the match. Meanwhile, Adelaide Strikers will need to bat and bowl exceedingly well to overcome Sydney Thunder in this contest.