The 1st Match of Big Bash League (BBL) 2021-22 is all set to kick start between Sydney Sixers vs Melbourne Stars on 5th December at Sydney Cricket Ground. Each every cricket fan and especially Australian fans are eagerly waiting for the mega tournament to start. Here is Match Prediction For Sydney Sixers vs Melbourne Stars.
Teams Preview – SYS vs MLS
Sydney Sixers :
- It is a great opportunity for the Sixers to make it 3 in a row during this season.
- They will look to grab all the opportunities and gain dominance on the points table.
- Sixers will look to start their BBL campaign on a winning note.
- Tom Curran, James Vince, and Josh Philippe are going to be the key players for their side.
Melbourne Stars :
- On Paper Melbourne Stars looks like a heavily loaded squad – They have got all the ammunition in their setup.
- All the players will look to give their best from the 1st game itself.
- And the key players from the Stars are Adam Zampa, Marcus Stoinis, and Glenn Maxwell.
The temperature in Sydney will be around 18 and the good news is no rain is expected for the match day.
The pitch at Sydney is ideal for both batting and bowling and both the captains will look to field first after winning the toss because teams that have batted 2nd have won most of the games here.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI:
Sydney Sixers Predicted XI:
Josh Philippe (wk), James Vince, Daniel Hughes, Moises Henriques (c), Jordan Silk, Dan Christian, Chris Jordan, Tom Curran, Ben Dwarhuis, Steve O’Keefe, Jackson Bird
Melbourne Stars Predicted XI:
Jordan Silk, Joe Clarke (wk), Marcus Stoinis, Nick Larkin, Glenn Maxwell, Beau Webster, Hilton Cartwright, Nathan Coulter-Nile (c), Adam Zampa, Liam Hatcher, Billy Stanlake
WHAT DO STATS SAY ABOUT SYS vs MLS?
In BBL, Sydney Sixers and Melbourne stars have faced 16 games against each other and Sydney Sixers has won 9, Melbourne Stars has won 7 games.
Match Prediction For Sydney Sixers vs Melbourne Stars – WHO WILL WIN THIS GAME?
Looking at the head-to-head count and players’ current form – Sixers are slightly above the Stars. And we expect Syndey Sixers to start the BBL campaign on a winning note.
**DISCLAIMER: Please note that our Match predictions are based on our analysis and they do not guarantee positive results**