The 35th fixture of ICC Men’s T20 World Cup is scheduled between West Indies and Sri Lanka on 04th November at the Sheikh Zayed Stadium in Abu Dhabi, at 07:30 PM IST. Here are West Indies vs Sri Lanka Match Predictions.
West Indies vs Sri Lanka Match Predictions: PREVIEW
- Currently, West Indies were standing at the 5th position by winning 1 out of 3 games and with an NRR of -1.598.
- Windies won their recent match against Bangladesh by 3 runs.
- The defending champions have yet to display their true class in the competition, despite having a strong batting lineup.
- Pollard hopes to draw motivation from the team’s strong record versus Sri Lanka.
- Chris Gayle and Evin Lewis will attempt to get the team off to a fast start in this contest.
- WI Bowlers will aim to attack Sri Lanka’s weaknesses, and early wickets from Ravi Rampaul and Jason Holder are anticipated.
- Sri Lanka standing at the 4th position by winning 1 out of 4 games and with an NRR of -0.590.
- Sri Lanka recently lost their match against England by 26 runs.
- Dasun Shanaka’s team’s dreams of progressing to the next round were shattered by a defeat to England in the recent game. Shanaka would like to conclude on a strong note by winning this match.
- Sri Lanka’s record against the West Indies is also not promising, as they have only conquered them once in the past 7 matchups.
- Kusal Perera’s lack of form has been a crucial problem for the team, and he will need to perform admirably opening the batting alongside Pathum Nissanka.
- With the exception of Hasaranga, their bowling unit has been inconsistent, and he will need to take early wickets partnering with Dushmantha Chameera.
The temperature in Abu Dhabi will be around 23 degrees. As a result, Dew might just be the primary consideration in the team’s attempt, to keep its dominance on the field.
The pitch in Abu Dhabi hasn’t been very favourable to batting. Batting first, the squad has struggled to develop any momentum. The chasing teams have dominated, winning 78% of the matches. Bowlers are likely to have a good day at the business.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI:
West Indies Predicted XI:
Kieron Pollard(c), Chris Gayle, Andre Russell, Evin Lewis, Dwayne Bravo, Ravi Rampaul, Nicholas Pooran(w), Shimron Hetmyer, Akeal Hosein, Jason Holder, Roston Chase
Sri Lanka Predicted XI:
Kusal Perera(w), Charith Asalanka, Wanindu Hasaranga, Chamika Karunaratne, Maheesh Theekshana, Bhanuka Rajapaksa, Avishka Fernando, Pathum Nissanka, Lahiru Kumara, Dasun Shanaka(c), Dushmantha Chameera
WHAT DO STATS SAY ABOUT WI vs SL?
Sri Lanka is probably out of the competition. Even after their strong performances in the qualifications and against Bangladesh in the opening game of the Super 12. They have struggled with the form of their batters in recent games and will need to improve in this area to mount a strong fight against the West Indies. Their bowlers will also be put under strain here. The West Indies would attempt to capitalize on the momentum. They have a strong bowling attack and will be hoping that their batters perform well.
Who Will Win This Game?
The West Indies have a very strong batting lineup, which would make them the favourites in this game. On the other hand, Sri Lanka hopes to give a fruitful performance.
**DISCLAIMER: Please note that our Match predictions are based on our analysis and they do not guarantee positive results**
Also read: Team India Continues It’s Aggressiveness