ABOUT THE MATCH
The 25th fixture of Super Smash 2019-20 is scheduled between Canterbury Kings and Wellington Firebirds on January 9th, 2020. The match is going to be held at Basin Reserve, Wellington, New Zealand, and the live telecast will begin from 04:10 PM (local time).
Both teams had already faced each other in the 3rd match of this season, and in that encounter, Wellington Firebirds won by 6 wickets. Now, Wellington Firebirds top the points table with 6 wins out of 8 matches. On the other hand, Canterbury Kings won 2 out of 7 matches.
The last 3 matches played here were won by the batting side first, so as per this trend we can expect the toss winning team may choose to bat first.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
This pitch is totally in favor of batsman.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF CANTERBURY KINGS
Cole McConchie (captain), Leo Carter, Cam Fletcher (wk), Jack Boyle, Chad Bowes, Stephen Murdoch, Andrew Ellis, Henry Shipley, Sean Davey, Will Williams, Ed Nuttall
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF WELLINGTON FIREBIRDS
Michael Bracewell (captain), Devon Conway (wk), Michael Pollard, Rachin Ravindra, James Neesham, Fraser Colson, Jamie Gibson, Peter Younghusband, Logan van Beek, Ollie Newton, Hamish Bennett
MATCH PREVIEW & MATCH PREDICTION
- In the previous match with Central Districts, the Kings had lost the match by 17 runs.
- Cam Fletcher is the only batsman who fought till the end and scored 65 runs in 37 balls with 5 boundaries and 2 sixes.
- Another batsman Stephen Murdoch had managed to score 32 runs in 27 balls 3 fours and 1 six.
- Henry Shipley had made a decent score 27 runs in 15 balls with 3 boundaries and the six remaining batsmen’s performance was very poor.
- Coming to the bowling unit, Andrew Ellis and Ed Nuttall had clinched 2 wickets each as they leaked 42 and 27 runs, respectively.
- In the previous match, Wellington had won the match by 10 wickets against Otago Volts.
- The opening batsman Devon Conway scored 101 off 49 balls with 15 boundaries and 3 sixes.
- Along with him, Michael Pollard also performed well with 63 runs in 51 balls as both the batsman chased the target in 16.3 overs.
- In the bowling department, Michael Bracewell claimed 2 wickets and other bowlers like Hamish Bennett and Ollie Newton got 1 wicket each.
PROBABLE WINNING TEAM
We are going with Wellington Firebirds, which are in top form, and also top the points table. Wellington is eyeing another win to settle at the top position.
Click Here For Dream11 Prediction.