Vijay Hazare Trophy 2022 Fixtures
Vijay Hazare Trophy 2022: Knockout fixtures list, and top performers
Vijay Hazare Trophy 2022 Fixtures: The Vijay Hazare Trophy 2022 has now taken a good mood. The Knock out fixtures are out now and the teams are set to play the knockout round. The title clash will take place on 2nd December in Ahmedabad.
38 teams started the journey from the group stage and now only 11 teams are there in the knockout phase of the tournament.
38 teams started the journey from the group stage and now only 11 teams have advanced to the knockout phase.
Maharashtra, Punjab, Tamil Nadu, Assam, and Saurashtra have made it directly to the quarterfinals of the tournament, while six other teams will be playing the Preliminary quarter-final and the winners will advance to the last eight.
Karnataka and Assam finished with 24 points in the elite Group B but the Eastern State won the match and slide in the Quarterfinals.
Preliminary Quarter-final Schedule Vijay Hazare Trophy 2022
- Jammu and Kashmir vs Kerala – 26th November
- Uttar Pradesh vs Mumbai – 26th November
- Karnataka vs Jharkhand – 26th November
Quarter-Finals Schedule Vijay Hazare Trophy 2022
- Punjab vs TBA
- Maharashtra vs TBA
- Assam vs TBA
- Tamil Nadu vs Saurashtra
The Semifinals of the Vijay Hazare Trophy 2022 is to be played on the 30th of November, with the Final being played a couple of days later on the 2nd of December.
Most Numbers of Centuries in Vijay Hazare Trophy 2022
Jagadeesan (5), Sai Sudarshan (3) and Maharashtra’s Rahul Tripathi (3) have scored the most numbers of centuries so far.
As Kuldeep Sen is the most taker in the Vijay Hazare Trophy so far.
Some Of the Top Performers of the Vijay Hazare Trophy 2022:
- Tamil Nadu’s Narayan Jagadeesan has scored 822 runs in 7 group-stage matches, which included a mammoth 277 against Arunachal Pradesh. His fellow Tamil Nadu teammate Sai Sudarshan is second in the list with 586 runs.
- Madhya Pradesh pacer Kuldeep Sen has picked up the most wickets with 17, with Karnataka’s Vasuki Koushik and Gujarat’s Chintan Gaja completing the podium with 16 and 15 wickets respectively.
- Koushik has the chance to surpass Kuldeep as his team will play in the knockouts. Vasuki Koushik is also the most economical bowler in the tournament so far with an economy of 2.57. He has bowled a total of 63 overs in the tournament to date.
More about the groups in the Vijay Hazare Trophy:
- Group A:
282 Saurashtra’s victory margin against Manipur.
Saurashtra vs Manipur (Saurashtra won by 282 runs). In two other games involving NE teams, the victory margin was 199 and 8 wickets & 184 balls remaining.
- Group B:
Jharkhand defeated Sikkim by 193 runs. Sikkim also lost to Rajasthan by 7 wkts & 194 balls remaining, to Vidarbha by 7 wkts & 196 balls remaining; lost to Assam by 180 runs, lost to Delhi by 10 wkts & 244 balls to spare and to Karnataka by 6 wkts & 152 balls.
- Group C:
- Jharkhand defeated Sikkim by 193 runs. Sikkim also lost to Rajasthan by 7 wkts & 194 balls remaining, to Vidarbha by 7 wkts & 196 balls remaining; lost to Assam by 180 runs, lost to Delhi by 10 wkts & 244 balls to spare and to Karnataka by 6 wkts & 152 balls.
- Group D:
Nagaland Lost to Madhya Pradesh by 321 runs.
- Group E:
Mizoram lost to Bengal by 9 wickets and 262 balls to spare. They also lost to Railways by 254 runs and to Maharashtra by 183 runs