ABOUT THE MATCH
Tshwane Spartans and Jozi Stars will face each other in the 25th game of the Mzansi Super League 2019. The match will be played on December 5 at SuperSport Park.
Tshwane Spartans has so far won three out of five completed matches in this tournament and are placed third in the points table. They lost by six wickets against Nelson Mandela Bay Giants.
On the other hand, Jozi Stars didn’t win a single match so far in the tournament and are at the bottom of the table. They lost the chance to be in play-offs.
As it is expected to rain heavily, the team winning the toss is likely to bowl first to the side.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
The SuperSport Park grounds will have a lot of moisture and it will become damn hard for the batsmen to score runs.
The weather is likely to be rainy with temperatures around 14-15 degrees Celcius. There is a huge chance of the match to be terminated or even completely washed out.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Tshwane Spartans
Tony de Zorzi, Wiaan Mulder, AB de Villiers, Heinrich Klaasen (c/wk), Petrus van Biljon, Tom Curran, Roelof van der Merwe, Corbin Bosch, Morne Morkel, Lungi Ngidi, Waqar Salamkheil
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Jozi Stars
Ryan Rickelton, Reeza Hendricks, Temba Bavuma (c), Rassie van der Dussen, Shoaib Malik, Daniel Christian, Sinethemba Qeshile (wk), Aaron Phangiso, Kagiso Rabada, Duanne Olivier, Lizaad Williams
- Tshwane Spartans are going well so far in this season.
- But they faced back to back defeats in the last two matches, they have lost by 15 runs to Cape Town Blitz and another to Giants.
- Theunis de Bruyn, Dean Elgar and Lutho Sipamla were replaced by Tony de Zorzi, Corbin Bosch and Waqar Salamkheil in the last encounter.
- Tony de Zorzi and Wiaan Mulder will be opening the innings with AB de Villiers at number three.
- Corbin Bosch will be leading the bowling attack again.
- Jozi Stars are at a disastrous state with yet to win a match so far in the tournament.
- They have lost their last match against Paarl Rocks by five wickets and 4 balls to spare.
- Ryan Rickelton was sent as a replacement for Chris Gayle in the last match who is to feature in BPL.
- Even Jacques Snyman was replaced by the Pakistan all-rounder Shoaib Malik and is likely to retain in this match.
- The Stars are expected to stick to the current line-up for the upcoming match.
PROBABLE WINNING TEAM:
Tshwane Spartans are in a good form and are likely to win against the Jozi Stars in this encounter.
Click Here for Fantasy Picks.