HomeLatest NewsT20 World Cup "All But Certain" To Be Postponed

T20 World Cup “All But Certain” To Be Postponed

Australian media indicate that the T20 World Cup could well get postponed:

As per the Australian media, the T20 World Cup was scheduled to be held in October-November window in Australia, which is set to be postponed because of the COVID-19 pandemic. According to the statement of the Sydney Morning Herald, any official decision had not been taken until Monday, but it is predicted that the most awaiting tournament “is all but certain” to get postponed.

Last month, ICC postponed the decision on the T20 World Cup to the month of July.

Manu Sawhney, the ICC chief executive had said after the board meeting held in June, “We will get only one chance to make the decision and it should be the right decision and we have to consult with our board members, partners, broadcasters, players and government bodies to ensure that we take a right decision.”

Earl Edding, chairman of cricket Australia has accepted that taking place the T20 World Cup in 2020 is really “unrealistic”.

Also, he said to reporters “Although the tournament is not formally suspended or postponed, trying to get 16 numbers of nations to Australia in this dangerous situation of COVID-19 is going to be very, very tough and unrealistic.”

In case the T20 World Cup gets postponed, then the BCCI is planning to hold 13th edition IPL in the September-October window.

Brijesh Patel Statement:

Brijesh Patel, chairman of IPL has said that all the board members are just waiting for the T20 World Cup decision and are planning to host the IPL in September –October.

Brijesh Patel quoted “Yes, we are all set to host IPL in September-October window; everything is ready as per the plan. Now we have to obey the guidelines of governments as well as SOPs.”

He added “We are just waiting for the declaration on T20 World Cup from ICC. In case it is not happening this year, we can organize IPL.”

Jagruty Naik
Jagruty Naikhttps://stumpsandbails.com/
Being a Writer, I always keep trying to bring a more professional approach to my passion-Cricket. For me, it is really intriguing and interesting.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Most Popular

Recent Comments