ABOUT THE MATCH
The 45th fixture of Big Bash League(BBL) 2019-20 is scheduled between Sydney Sixers and Melbourne Stars on January 20th, 2020. The match is going to be held at Sydney Cricket Ground, Sydney, Australia, and the live telecast will begin from 06:40 PM (local time).
This is the second match between both teams. They previously met at Melbourne Cricket Ground when Melbourne Stars registered a win by 44 runs.
Melbourne Stars are placed 1st on the points table with 10 wins out of 11 matches whereas Sydney Sixers are in the 3rd place with 6 wins out of 11 matches.
The toss winning team will likely opt to bowl first. Given that rain has been predicted for Monday, chasing becomes the only possible option for either captain.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
Generally, this pitch is very good for the batsman. Meanwhile, the spinners should also have a big say, the team batting first needs to score 160 runs to be safe.
- In the previous match with Sydney Thunder, the batting unit had disappointed with their performance.
- The openers Josh Philippe and Daniel Hughes had scored 1 and 0 runs.
- Justin Avendano was okay with his 28 runs off 31 balls with 1 boundary and 2 sixes.
- Ben Dwarshuis scored 19 runs off 20 balls.
- Overall, Sydney Sixers scored 76 runs (DLS method).
PROBABLE PLAYING XI SYDNEY SIXERS
Josh Philippe (WK), Daniel Hughes, James Vince, Moises Henriques (C), Jordan Silk, Justin Avendano, Tom Curran, Ben Dwarshuis, Nathan Lyon, Jackson Bird, Steve O’Keefe/Lloyd Pope
- In the last match with Perth Scorchers, the opener batsman Hilton Cartwright had justified his role by scoring 58 runs off 56 balls with 7 boundaries.
- The middle-order batsman Glenn Maxwell had looked good with his 25 off 23 balls with 2 boundaries and a six.
- After Maxwell, Nick Larkin came to the crease and scored 24 runs in 18 balls.
- In the bowling unit, Nic Maddinson was the top performer with 3 wickets to his name.
- Daniel Worrall, Sandeep Lamichhane, Clint Hinchliffe, Glenn Maxwell had taken 1 wicket each.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI MELBOURNE STARS
Hilton Cartwright, Marcus Stoinis, Nic Maddinson, Nick Larkin, Glenn Maxwell (C), Seb Gotch (WK), Nathan Coulter-Nile, Clint Hinchliffe, Daniel Worrall, Lance Morris, Sandeep Lamichhane.
HEAD TO HEAD: 10
SYDNEY SIXERS: 04
MELBOURNE STARS: 06
TEAM FORM IN LAST 5 MATCHES
SYDNEY SIXERS: W W W T+W W
MELBOURNE STARS: W W W W W
PROBABLE TOP PERFORMERS
SYDNEY SIXERS: Josh Philippe
MELBOURNE STARS: Glenn Maxwell
- TV – Sony Six
- Online– Foxtel sports
- MATCH TIMINGS: 07:40 AMGMT / 06:40 PM LOCAL
Click Here For Dream 11 Match Prediction.