ABOUT THE MATCH
The 39th fixture of Big Bash League(BBL) 2019-20 is scheduled between Sydney Sixers and Hobart Hurricanes on January 16th, 2020. The match is going to be held at Sydney Cricket Ground – Sydney, Australia, and the live telecast will begin from 07:10 PM (local time).
This is the second head-to-head match for both teams this season. Last time, Hobart Hurricanes had registered a win by 25 runs.
Sydney Sixers is on the 2nd place in the points table whereas Hobart Hurricanes are at 2nd place from last with 3 wins out of 9 matches.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
This pitch is generally good for batting and is also spin-friendly, so we can expect a score of 160-170 runs on this pitch.
MATCH PREVIEW |BBL 2019-20
- In their last match, Sydney Sixers had lost the match to Melbourne Stars by 44 runs.
- In that match, Ben Dwarshuis had impressed with 42 runs in 17 balls with 3 boundaries and 3 sixes.
- Moises Henriques, the captain of the team, had scored 41 runs in 25 balls with 4 boundaries and 2 sixes.
- The middle-order batsman Jordan Silk looked good with his 32 runs in 31 balls with one boundary.
- In the bowling unit, Ben Dwarshuis had not taken any wicket but leaked a lot of runs. Tom Curran had taken 1 wicket by conceding 58 runs.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF SYDNEY SIXERS
Josh Philippe (wk), Dan Hughes, James Vince, Moises Henriques (c), Jordan Silk, Tom Curran, Justin Avendano, Ben Dwarshuis, Shaun O’Keefe, Jackson Bird, Lloyd Pope
- In the previous match, Hobart Hurricanes had lost the match by a margin of 70 runs against Perth Scorchers.
- In that match, George Bailey had looked good with his 36 of 31 balls with 5 boundaries.
- Caleb Jewell scored 28 runs off 24 balls with 4 boundaries but the opening batsman didn’t get off to a good start.
- Bowling unit performed somewhat well with Thomas Rogers bagging 2 wickets.
- Clive Rose, Scott Boland, Qais Ahmad, Nathan Ellis had taken 1 wicket each.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF HOBART HURRICANES
Matthew Wade (c), Caleb Jewell, Ben McDermott (wk), David Miller, George Bailey, Mac Wright, Thomas Rogers, Nathan Ellis, Qais Ahmad, Clive Rose, Scott Boland.
PROBABLE WINNING TEAM
Sydney Sixers need to get back to winning ways straight away. Out-of-sorts Hobart Hurricanes, who are depleted by international call-ups and injuries are in a rut, so Sixers can bounce back.
Click Here For Dream11 Fantasy Picks.