ABOUT THE MATCH| SRI LANKA VS WEST INDIES
West Indies are stepping into the second T20I match on a positive note at Pallekele Cricket Stadium – Kandy, Sri Lanka on 6th March.
In the last match, West Indies won the toss and chose to bat first, and they might continue with the same trend – which seems to be a winning tactic at this venue.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
The pitch at Pallekele is generally an excellent one for the batting side. And the average runs at this venue is 190runs. We can expect another high scoring game.
And the weather at Kandy is mostly cloudy with a couple of soaking showers in the afternoon.
MATCH PREVIEW | SL VS WI
- In the first T20I match Kusal Perera had managed to pull the score up to 66 runs after that he got dismissed by Russell.
Wanindu Hasaranga, who came to bat at number seven, had scored 44 runs in 34 balls with four boundaries.
- In the bowling unit except for Thisara Perera and Angelo Mathews, every player bowling had picked one wicket each.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF SRI LANKA
Avishka Fernando, Kusal Mendis, Kusal Perera (WK) Angelo Mathews, Shehan Jayasuriya, Thisara Perera, Dasun Shanaka, Isuru Udana, Wanindu Hasaranga, Lakshan Sandakan, Lasith Malinga (C)
- In the batting department, Lendl Simmons and Brandon King both scored 100 runs partnership for the first wicket.
Andre Russell and Kieron Pollard both managed to score 69 runs partnership for the fifth wicket.
- Thomas claimed 5-28 from his three overs in the bowling unit. He pulled the team to the winning side.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF WEST INDIES
Brandon King, Lendl Simmons, Shimron Hetmyer, Nicholas Pooran (WK), Kieron Pollard (C), Andre Russell, Rovman Powell, Dwayne Bravo, Fabian Allen, Sheldon Cottrell, Oshane Thomas
HEAD TO HEAD
- Overall Matches – 10
- Sri Lanka WON – 6
- West Indies WON – 4
- Draw – 0
- No- Result – 0
TEAM FORM IN LAST 5 MATCHES
Sri Lanka – L L L L L
West Indies – W W NR L L
PROBABLE TOP PERFORMERS
Sri Lanka – Barring Kusal Mendis, Wanindu Hasaranga, Lasith Malinga, Wanindu Hasaranga
West Indies – Oshane Thomas, Lendl Simmons, Kieron Pollard
- TV channels – Sony Six, Sky Sports Cricket, SportsMax, Willow TV
- Live streaming – Hotstar, SonyLiv
- Match Timings – 07:00 PM local time (01:30 PM GMT) (07:00 PM IST).
PROBABLE WINNING TEAM
West Indies were in dominant form last time out, and, with the likes of Pollard and Russell firing together, they have the capability to win again if they continue the same winning strategy – providing the rain does not intervene.