ABOUT THE MATCH
After a grand victory against Afganistan with 3-0 West Indies ended their grand note in 2019. West Indies had already started their success by winning a warm-up match against Sri Lanka Board Presidents XI at Katunayake by six wickets.
Sri Lanka is coming back to host the three ODI matches after the series with Pakistan. Sri Lanka had won 9 matches of 12 in the home conditions.
In the last 6 ODI Matches, 4 matches are won by the first batting side, So the toss winning team will choose to bowl first due to the chances of rain in such conditions it is not that easy to set a target.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
Four of 6 matches witnessed 250+ on this pitch, by that we can say that this pitch is totally favoring for the batsman but in this match, due to the weather conditions, there will be equal assistance for the seam bowlers.
- In the previous test match against Zimbabwe, Sri Lanka won with a lead of 1-0.
- In the first innings, Angelo Mathews had scored 64 runs off 158 balls and stood as the player of the series
- The openers Dimuth Karunaratne and Oshada Fernando had given a good start to innings by scoring 42 runs each.
- In the bowling unit, Lasith Embuldeniya had clinched 4 wickets in first innings and 2 in the second innings.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF SRI LANKA
Dimuth Karunaratne (C), Kusal Perera (wk), Avishka Fernando, Kusal Mendis, Angelo Mathews, Dhananjaya de Silva, Thisara Perera/Dasun Shanaka, Isuru Udana, Wanindu Hasaranga, Nuwan Pradeep/Lahiru Kumara, Lakshan Sandakan
- In the previous practice match with Sri Lanka Board Presidents XI Shai Hope has scored decent 85 runs.
- Roston Chase had stuck a massive knock by scoring 136 runs off 113 balls and Sunil Ambris had looked good with his 34 runs off 44 balls.
- In the bowling department, Keemo Paul and Roston Chase had picked 2 wickets each, Jason Holder, Hayden Walsh, Fabian Allen had taken 1 wicket each.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF WEST INDIES
Brandon King/Sunil Ambris, Shai Hope (wk), Darren Bravo, Roston Chase, Nicholas Pooran, Kieron Pollard (C), Jason Holder, Keemo Paul/Fabian Allen, Hayden Walsh Jr, Sheldon Cottrell, Alzarri Joseph
HEAD TO HEAD
- Overall Matches – 57
- SRI LANKA WON – 26
- WEST INDIES WON – 28
- Draw – 0
- No- Result – 3
TEAM FORM IN LAST 5 MATCHES
SRI LANKA – L L W W W
WEST INDIES – W W W L L
PROBABLE TOP PERFORMERS
SRI LANKA – Avishka Fernando, Angelo Mathews, Nuwan Pradeep
WEST INDIES – Shai Hope, Roston Chase, Sheldon Cottrell
TV channels – Star Sports, Sky Sports Cricket, SuperSport, Fox Sports, Sky Sport NZ, OSN Sports Cricket HD, Gazi TV
Live Streaming – Bet365, Hotstar, Now TV, Sky Go
Match Timings – 09:45 AM local time / 04:15 AM GMT / 09:30 AM IST.
PROBABLE WINNING TEAM
The Windies lost to Sri Lanka in last year’s World Cup in England and they will surely have revenge on their mind. And with the kind of explosive batsmen and threatening fast bowlers they have in their side, we feel they have a good chance of avenging that defeat.