- Captain Kane Williamson and pace bowler Trent Boult have returned home as the duo has been rested for this upcoming three-match T20 international series.
- In Williamson’s absence, Tim Southee will be in charge of New Zealand’s 14-man squad that has three specialist spinners in Todd Astle, Ish Sodhi, and Mitchell Santner.
- The visitors will probably open their batting with Martin Guptill and Colin Munro while the team’s bowling attack will likely be led by Seth Rance and skipper Southee.
- New Zealand has blown hot and cold lately in the 20-overs format having won three and lost five of their last eight T20 internationals.
- This year, however, the Black Caps have been pretty impressive with three wins from four games.
- Their previous T20I assignment came in February against India at home.
- After winning the first of the three matches at Wellington by a whopping 80 runs, they suffered a seven-wicket loss in the second match at Auckland.
- New Zealand then secured a thrilling four-run victory in the final game at Hamilton to take the series 2-1.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF NEW ZEALAND
- Lasith Malinga will be leading Sri Lanka’s 15-man squad for this T20I series. Thisara Perera, Dhananjaya de Silva, Suranga Lakmal and Jeffrey Vandersay, who were all part of the T20 team that toured South Africa earlier this year, have been ignored for the New Zealand T20Is.
- The Sri Lankan selectors have included Kusal Perera, Lahiru Kumara, Dasun Shanaka, Shehan Jayasuriya, Niroshan Dickwella and Kasun Rajitha in addition to all-rounder Danushka Gunathilaka who has returned to the T20 set-up.
- Sri Lanka has not had too many results going in their favor of late in the shortest format of the game.
- They have won only one of their last nine matches and are seeking their first T20I win of this year after having played four matches.
- The Lankans played their first T20 international of the year in January against New Zealand at Auckland – a one-off match which they lost by 35 runs.
- They then toured South Africa in March where they played their most recent T20 series in which they suffered a 0-2 defeat at the hands of the hosts.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF SRI LANKA
Danushka Gunathilaka, Niroshan Dickwella (wk), Avishka Fernando, Kusal Mendis, Kusal Perera, Dasun Shanaka, Isuru Udana, Akila Dananjaya, Lasith Malinga (c), Lakshan Sandakan, Lahiru Kumara
TEAM FORM IN LAST 5 TEST MATCHES | SL VS SL – 1ST T20 IN NEW ZEALAND TOUR OF SRI LANKA 2019
- New Zealand Won: L,W,W,,L,W
- Sri Lanka Won: L,L,L,L,L
OUR FANTASY LEAGUE PICKS FOR Sri Lanka vs New Zealand 1st T20 IN NEW ZEALAND TOUR OF SRI LANKA 2019 ARE MENTIONED BELOW:
- Avishka Fernando
- Mitchell Santner
- Niroshan Dickwella
- Akila Dananjaya
- Martin Guptill
- Dasun Shanaka
- Lasith Malinga
- Colin Munro
- Ish Sodhi
- Ross Taylor (C)
- Lockie Ferguson (VC)
Click here to find out the Match Prediction.
*Disclaimer: This team is based on the understanding, analysis, and instinct of the author. While selecting your team, consider the points mentioned and make your own decision.*