SL vs IND ICC WC 2019 | Sri Lanka Vs India 44th ODI ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 Preview
- A much-improved performance from Sri Lanka in the last few matches have given its supporters something to cheer about. The win against the West Indies was special because it came through an excellent batting performance from Avishka Fernando.
- Fernando has impressed in every single game that he has played and definitely looks like a bright star for Sri Lanka.
- If Kusal Mendis can start converting his immense potential into performance and Angelo Matthews can return to his best batting form, then the Sri Lankan batting starts to look quite dangerous.
- A combination of injuries, poor form, and age has meant that Sri Lanka has one of the weakest bowling attacks in the tournament.
- An inspirational performance from Lasith Malinga seems to be the best hope but India is the one country against whom he has his worst record.
- India will not want to go into its semi-final with a loss. In fact, unless there is an injury concern to one of the players, we are sure that India will play its best eleven.
- India played without Kuldeep Yadav in the previous match and instead picked Bhuvneshwar Kumar. That could be because of the small boundary on one side at Edgbaston.
- Will Ravindra Jadeja get a go in this match to see if he can somehow fit in the team for the semi-final? That is the one chance that team management could take.
- Ravindra Jadeja can bat at number 7 and be relied upon to bowl his full quota of overs. This will give India six bowling options now that Hardik Pandya is able to do the job of the fifth bowler consistently. It is also not going to dent India’s batting too much.
- There are some concerns in the batting department also which India would want to rectify in this match.
- We don’t expect India to lose this match although they could get tested. India was pushed to the brink against Afghanistan, lost to England, and then had a close game against Bangladesh as well.
- Rohit Sharma has four centuries in the ICC World Cup 2019 while Virat Kohli has five fifties. India needs both these players to be in top gear during this final stage of the tournament.
Headingley Cricket Ground, known for sponsorship reasons as Emerald Headingley Cricket Ground, is a cricket ground in the Headingley Stadium complex in Leeds, England.
Sri Lanka Cricket Final Squad List For ICC World Cup 2019
[table “8” not found /]
India Final Squad List For ICC World Cup 2019
[table “5” not found /]
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF Sri Lanka
Dimuth Karunaratne (c), Kusal Perera (wk), Avishka Fernando, Kusal Mendis, Angelo Mathews, Lahiru Thirimanne, Dhananjaya de Silva, Isuru Udana, Jeffrey Vandersay, Kasun Rajitha, Lasith Malinga
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF India
Lokesh Rahul, Rohit Sharma, Virat Kohli (c), Rishabh Pant, Hardik Pandya, MS Dhoni (wk), Dinesh Karthik/Ravindra Jadeja, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Mohammed Shami, Yuzvendra Chahal, Jasprit Bumrah
Sri Lanka vs India HEAD TO HEAD
Overall Matches: 158
- Sri Lanka Won: 56
- India Won: 90
- Tied: 1
- No result: 11
Overall World cup Matches: 8
- Sri Lanka Won: 4
- India Won: 3
- No result:1
TEAM FORM IN LAST 5 MATCHES | SL VS IND – 44TH ODI ICC CRICKET WORLD CUP 2019
- Sri Lanka Won: N/R,L,W,L,W
- India Won: W,W,W,L,W
Key Players to watch in Sri Lanka Team for ICC World Cup 2019
- Dimuth Karunaratne
- Lasith Malinga
- Thisara Perera
- Isuru Udana
Key Players to watch in India Team for ICC World Cup 2019
- Rohith Sharma
- Virat Kohli
- Jasprit Bumrah
- Bhuveshwar Kumar
SL vs IND – 44th ODI ICC Cricket World Cup 2019
- Match: Match 44
- Event: ICC Cricket World Cup 2019
- Date: Sat 6,
- Venue: Headingley Cricket Ground
Matched Content Ad