ABOUT THE MATCH
The Semifinal-2 of ICC Women’s World Cup 2020 is scheduled to play at Sydney Cricket Ground – Sydney, Australia, on March 5th.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF SOUTH AFRICA WOMEN
Lizelle Lee, Dane van Niekerk (C), Marizanne Kapp, Mignon du Preez, Laura Wolvaardt, Sune Luus, Chloe Tyron, Trisha Chetty (wk), Shabnim Ismail, Ayobanga Khaka, Nonkululeko Mlaba
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF AUSTRALIA WOMEN
Alyssa Healy (wk), Beth Mooney, Meg Lanning (C), Ashleigh Gardener, Ellyse Perry, Rachael Haynes, Nicola Carey, Annabel Sutherland, Jess Jonassen, Georgia Wareham, Megan Schutt
TEAM AND PLAYER PERFORMANCE ANALYSIS : SA-W VS AUS-W
TOP ORDER ANALYSIS | SA- W VS AUS- W
- Ashleigh Gardener from Australia Women team tops in this analysis with a 115.75 average strike rate and with19.5 average runs.
MIDDLE ORDER ANALYSIS| SA- W VS AUS- W
- The average strike rate of Chloe Tyron is 115, with 11.5 average runs.
- Rachael Haynes player from Australia Women stands second in this analysis with a 109.75 strike rate and 21.25 average runs.
TOP AND MIDDLE ORDER ANALYSIS | SA- W VS AUS- W
- South Africa Women have a clear edge over the Aussies in the top order with 31.16, and Australia Women have a strong middle-order – when compared to Proteas.
BOWLING ANALYSIS | SA- W VS AUS- W
- In the bowling analysis, South Africa Women maintained their upper hand with 16 wickets.
- Whereas the team average economy rate has also been top by South Africa Women with 6.23.
TOP 3 BOWLERS ANALYSIS | SA- W VS AUS- W
- Ayobanga Khaka from South Africa stands high in the economy rate with 7.66.
- With taking seven Wickets, Megan Schutt tops in the picking wickets.
At this venue, most of the teams won the match – while chasing. And also, since there could be plenty of rain interruptions during the game, the toss-winning captain will probably opt to bowl first here.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
This ground generally offers good batting pitch, but there are chances of severe rain throughout the day, and there will be plenty of moisture inside the surface, and that should help the seamers. So we can expect some swing and seam with the new ball.
South Africa Women
- Their last match was abandoned without a ball bowled (no toss).
- In the last match with Pakistan Women, Laura Wolvaardt is the top scorer in the team with 53 runs
Shabnim Ismail will be the main threat for the opponents, and she will be playing a vital role in this bowling attack of South Africa Women.
She has been the team’s top performer with the ball, and she has taken five wickets at an impressive economy of 4.56.
Beth Mooney, the Australia opener, is leading run-scorer with 153 runs in this world cup. She made an unbeaten knock of 81 and 60 runs against Bangladesh Women and New Zealand Women, respectively.
- Megan Schutt is among the top five bowlers of this tournament. She had taken seven wickets in four matches.
- Schutt has picked up a three-wicket haul in the last two matches – 3/21 against Bangladesh and 3/28 against New Zealand.
HEAD TO HEAD
- Overall Matches – 4
- SOUTH AFRICA WOMEN WON – 0
- AUSTRALIA WOMEN WON – 4
- Draw – 0
- No- Result – 0
TEAM FORM IN LAST 5 MATCHES
SOUTH AFRICA WOMEN – W W W L W
AUSTRALIA WOMEN – W W W L W
PROBABLE TOP PERFORMERS
SOUTH AFRICA WOMEN – Marizanne Kapp
AUSTRALIA WOMEN – Beth Mooney