Wounded Team India is all set to take on South Africa in the 1st ODI game of their foreign tour. The game is scheduled to play on 19th January 2022 at 14:00 IST / 8:30 GMT and it is scheduled to play at Boland Park – Cape Town, South Africa.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI:
India Predicted XI:
KL Rahul, Virat Kohli, Shikhar Dhawan/Ruturaj Gaikwad, Suryakumar Yadav, Rishabh Pant (wk), Venkatesh Iyer/Ishan Kishan, R.Ashwin, Jasprit Bumrah, Yuzvendra Chahal, Shardul Thakur, Bhuvneshwar Kumar.
South Africa Predicted XI:
Quinton de Kock (wk), Aiden Markram, Temba Bavuma, Janneman Malan, David Miller, Dwaine Pretorius, Marco Jansen, Andile Phehlukwayo, Kagiso Rabada, Lungi Ngidi, Tabraiz Shamsi.
- When an ODI format is considered, Team India is the BEST – They have their star players gearing up for the ODI games.
- After losing the Test series – the Indian camp will definitely look to win this ODI series.
- Key players for the side are KL Rahul, Virat Kohli, and S Dhawan.
- South Africa is in terrific form after winning the Test series against the tourers – Now they will look to continue the same winning form in the ODI series too.
- Proteas will look to fill in all the gaps and they will be eager to start this series by a win.
- J Malan, A Markram, and K Rabada are the key players for the Proteas.
WEATHER AND PITCH REPORT:
It is a perfect weather condition for an ODI game at Paarl and the temperature will be around 30 during the day and might drop around 10 as the game progresses.
The pitch conditions at the venue will be an ideal bowling wicket – Pacers will enjoy bowling on this track and it is a bit tough for batsmen to score runs on the board. But one thing that batsmen can take advantage of is – This pitch offers constant pace and bounce for which a batter can get something of it.
HEAD-TO-HEAD Battle: South Africa vs India
- Total Tests Played: 84
- India Won: 35
- South Africa Won: 46
- NR: 3
- Tie: 0
South Africa vs India, MATCH PREDICTION – WHO WILL WIN THIS GAME?
Looking at the strength, both the teams are evenly matched – But looking at the experience of players Team India is ahead of South Africa. Even Proteas have good players but one thing they lack is ‘Consistency’ – So, India will be the favorites for this game.
**DISCLAIMER: Please note that our Match predictions are based on our analysis and they do not guarantee positive results**