ABOUT THE MATCH
England will take on the hosts South Africa in their 1st test which will be played at SuperSport Park, Centurion on December 26.
On this pitch batting, fourth will be tough. So, whoever wins the toss will look to bat first.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
The pitch at SuperSport Park will be good for a batsman in the early days and it will favor bowlers in the latter days.
And the conditions for the match days look gloomy. Heavy rain is expected to shower on Friday and little showers on Saturday and it would go good on later days.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF South Africa
Dean Elgar, Aiden Markram, Zubayr Hamza, Pieter Malan, Faf du Plessis (c), Quinton de Kock (wk), Vernon Philander, Dwaine Pretorius, Keshav Maharaj, Kagiso Rabada, Anrich Nortje
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF England
Rory Burns, Dominic Sibley, Joe Denly, Joe Root (c), Ben Stokes, Jonny Bairstow (wk), Ollie Pope, Jos Buttler, Sam Curran, Chris Woakes/Mark Wood, James Anderson
- Temba Bavuma has recently caught with a hip strain, so he will not be a part of the squad.
- And the proteas key bowler Lungi Ngidi had a severe hamstring tear, so he will not be a part of the boxing day test.
- The batting department of South Africa is mainly depended on the openers Dean Elgar and Markram along with the captain Faf du Plessis and Quinton de Kock.
- They have some serious pace depth with Kagiso Rabad and Vernon Philander and can some serious damage to the opponents.
- England will surely miss the services of their key bowlers Stuart Broad, Jofra Archer and Jack Leach for this game.
- Joe Root, Ben Stokes, Jonny Bairstow, and Jos Buttler will be expected to score the bulk of the runs.
- England skipper Joe Root will be the main key player for the team.
- And their bowling department is well equipped with some serious pace which includes: James Anderson, Sam Curran, and Ben Stokes.
PROBABLE WINNING TEAM
Basing on the past records and current form, England has a clear chance of winning this encounter. Rain might play a spoiler in between and it can even tend for a draw or no-result.
Click Here for Dream 11 Predictions.