ABOUT THE MATCH
South Africa U19 team will play against Afganistan in the playoffs of the U19 Worldcup. This is a must-win match for both the teams. Both teams are playing against each other for the second time in this U19 Worldcup season.
Previous matches played at this Venue are mostly won by the second batting team. So there might be a probability of toss winning team to select bowl first.
PITCH AND CONDITIONS
This is a well-balanced pitch. Pace bowlers can pick some good wickets on this track. We can expect 240 runs from both sides. The temperature at Benoni is around 28-degree Celsius and mostly sunny on the matchday.
SOUTH AFRICA U19
- They faced a defeat against West Indies U19 team by 4 wickets in the last match.
- Levert Manje played a brilliant knock of 43 runs and got runout, unfortunately.
- Bryce Parson was taken 2 wickets with a good economy rate.
- Merrick Brett also picked 2 wickets in his 9 overs spell in the previous match.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF SOUTH AFRICA U19
Jonathan Bird, Levert Manje, Jack Lees, Luke Beaufort(wk), Tyrese Karelse, Achille Cloete, Bryce Parsons(C), Andrew Louw, Gerald Coetze, Tiaan van Vuuren, Odirile Madiomokaone.
- They lost the Semi-Final 2 against Australia by 4 wickets.
- Captain Farhan Zakhil missed a well-deserved ton by just 9 runs.
- Jamshid Khan bowled 3 maiden overs and picked 2 wickets in his 9 overs spell.
PROBABLE PLAYING XI OF AFGHANISTAN
Sediqullah Atal, Ibrahim Zadran, Abdul Rahman, Farhan Zakhil(C), Imran Mir, Mohmmad Ishaq(WK), Abid Mohammadi, Shaqifullah Ghafari, Abidullah Taniwal, Noor Ahmad, Fazal Haq.
HEAD TO HEAD:
- Overall Matches – 6
- SOUTH AFRICA U19 Won – 2
- AFGHANISTAN U19 Won – 4
- Draw – 0
- No- Result – 0
TEAM FORM IN LAST 5 MATCHES
SOUTH AFRICA U19– W L W L L
AFGHANISTAN U19 – W W NR W L
PROBABLE TOP PERFORMERS
SOUTH AFRICA U19 – Bryce Parson, Levert Manje
AFGHANISTAN U19 – Farhan Zakhil, Jamshid Khan
- TV – STAR SPORTS
- Online – HOTSTAR
- Match Timings – 8: 00 AM GMT
PROBABLE WINNING TEAM
By considering both the team’s form and previous match performance Afghanistan U19 team looks strong and has more probability to win this match against South Africa U19 team in the play-offs.
Click here for Dream 11 Prediction for South Africa U19 vs Afghanistan U19.