Ranji Trophy has started and we are already done with Round 1. Unlike the Vijay Hazare trophy we did not see mammoth totals but we saw a lot of results in just 4 days. There were teams who flared and those who flunked.
Let’s find out where teams are at the end of Ranji Trophy Round 1.
Group A, Elite
At the end of Ranji Trophy Round 1, Himachal Pradesh tops Group A after its huge win of an innings and 88 runs over Haryana. The second we have Uttarakhand, followed by Bengal. The group saw 3 results and a draw.
At the bottom of the group is Haryana.
• Uttarakhand beat Nagaland by 174 runs
• Himachal Pradesh beats Haryana by an innings and 88 Runs
•Bengal beats Uttar Pradesh by 6 wickets
• Baroda draw Odisha- Baroda takes first innings lead
Group B, Elite
After the end of Ranji Trophy Round 1, Group B is led by Maharashtra followed by Mumbai. Both teams have almost no points gap between them. Only these 2 wins managed to get a win in Round 1. Rest of the 2 matches were drawn.
The bottom of the group is hailed by Delhi after its loss to Maharashtra.
• Mumbai beat Andhra Pradesh by 9 wickets
• Maharashtra beat Delhi by 9 wickets
•Saurashtra draw Assam- Saurashtra take first innings lead
• Tamil Nadu draw Hyderabad- Tamil Nadu takes first innings lead
Group C, Elite
The Group C at the end of Ranji Trophy Round 1 has Chattisgarh on top with Kerala at spot 2. This group too had 2 results and 2 draws. Pondicherry resides at the bottom of the group after their loss to Chattisgarh.
• Chhattisgarh beat Puducherry by 132 Runs
• Kerala beat Jharkhand by 85 runs
•Goa draw Rajasthan- Goa takes first innings lead
• Karnataka draw Services- Karnataka takes first innings lead
Group D, Elite
At the end of Ranji Trophy Round 1, Group D has the current champions Madhya Pradesh at top with their massive win by an innings over J&K. Because of the innings victory, the team has 7 points. At second position is Vidarbha.
At the bottom of the group is J&K
• Punjab draw Chandigarh – Punjab takes first innings lead
• MP beats Jammu and Kashmir by an innings and 17 Runs
•Vidarbha beat Railways by 194 runs
• Tripura draw Gujarat- Tripura takes first innings lead
Bihar Tops Plate Group after the end of Ranji Trophy Round 1. The team had an innings and 221 runs in a massive victory over AP. Following it is Sikkim and Meghalaya. The group had results in all the matches.
• Sikkim beats Manipur by 8 wickets
•Bihar beats Arunachal Pradesh by an innings and 221 runs
• Meghalaya beat Mizoram by 2 wickets
Ranji Trophy Round 1 Records
At the end of Ranji Trophy Round 1, Jay Gohil of Saurashtra leads the run scoreboard with 227 runs. The highest wicket taker is AJ Mandal with 13 wickets in just 1 match. We might see records being broken here.
The 2nd round of Ranji Trophy starts on December 20.